Zirkonzahn M1

M

Mushroom

Reaction score
My prosthodontist bought the whole ZZ system (Sintering oven, PC with ZZ Software, M1 Heavy Wet, and the Scanner.) before I started working with him.

Here is some of my fustrations about it.

ZZ Software (exocad-lite)
-Exocad is far superior. Coming from Exocad to this ZZ version of exocad is fustrating and lacks some features that Exocad provides.

The Scanner 5900 Arti
-It is Huge and heavy.
-The door opens upwards so you need open space above it. (Or remove the door form the whole thing)
-Program is unclear.
For example : Click Middle mouse wheel on live Camera to initiate scan. Doesn't say that anywhere.
Some words are translated wierd to english.

The Sintering oven.
-There is only space for one full arch.

Nesting Software
-Can't delete calculated parts once you send it to the mill software without calling support.
-Compared to Hyperdent you lack many features or they lock it away.

Mill
-I hate how the puck is tightened with three prongs that seems to wear down and loosen.
-Vaccuum doesn't seem to do much with how much is left behind.
-Cramp space, hard to clean in the back.
-Wish there was more bur capacity
-The burs die fast according to the program. I push through two full life cycles usually before discarding.

The Zirconia pucks are expensive. This is my pricing from them.
Prettau® Zirconia 95H10 $267.00
Prettau® Zirconia 95H12 $302.00
Prettau® Zirconia 95H14 $329.00
Prettau® Zirconia 95H16 $360.00
Prettau® Zirconia 95H18 $394.00
Prettau® Zirconia 95H22 $441.00
Prettau® Zirconia 95H25 $468.00
Prettau® Zirconia 95H30 $669.00

I dont use their resin pucks.

I only listed things that I have problems with this whole system. It's not terrible, there are some good things ZZ does.

I heard that ZZ have Zirconia pucks that are called Blackstone that is cheaper but haven't talked to them about it yet.