Zirkonzahn M1 vs M2 vs M5 Milling Quality

M

MushMaster

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone out here/there has experience with ZZ's M1, M2 and/or M5 mills and if so, what the milling quality is like between them. I am focused more on dry milling for now and wonder how the same case would be milled with any of these mills and if there would be a significant difference. I would even be interested to know if there is a tiny difference.

What is your experience?

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
Hi AmsterDan- I have the M4 (wet& dry). While I can't speak personally to the machines you're interested in, the M4 mills beautifully and we are really happy with it. I don't think their mill quality differs between their machines; it's really just capacity and millable material options. I don't know where you're located but I'm sure ZZ would have you out to any of their locations to take a closer look. We did that before purchasing.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
hey coolhand @Whatever haha .i agree totally with cwilliams ive had m1 m5 m4 all excellent the m5 is getting on now very reliable a bit slow but a great mill ,m1 very good also mills everything just one disc m4 heavier stronger mill 4 discs again reliable and accurate i think the m2 is very interesting because you can mill wet and dry at the same time i know one large lab in Portugal just has a heap of m1 s for redundancy. where zz really excels is their training around the world their mills are great along with their materials also

M

MushMaster

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Here is another question. The M1 (soft milling unit) is a dry mill only. The M2 can be ordered with the wet function removed, essentially making it a M2 dry mill. Why would one order one over the other in this case? The differences I can find is that the chuck diameter on the M1 is 3 mm while the M2 is equipped with a 6 mm chuck. The M2 delivers slightly more torque. The frame may be sturdier. Do these make a/the difference in the final result?