Drizzt

Reaction score
Hi all ,

Anybody here having experience with Zirkonzahn M 5 milling machine ? Thanks

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
yes, we use it in our lab :)

So are you happy with it ? Anything you have spoted and want to share ? You also have the s 600 zirkonzahn's scanner ? We are considering purchasing it . Do you have any info about metal milling ? I have seen a video at their website and they told me when I contacted them that they are working on it . Thanks .

A

a88nn

Reaction score
We have also zirkonzahn scanner. In my opinion, it's simple to use, looks nicely in lab :) I don't know much about metal milling and we don't do it. Once we had a problem with handpiece. During milling someone turned out air pressure and the working handpiece just broke down. But new one was sent for free because of warranty. I have to add, that interface of zirkonzahn is so intuitive. I didn't have any training before using it. Everything was simple and clear. I like zirkonzahn but I don't have also any comparison with other cad/cam machines. If you have opportunity to try it before you buy a whole set, I advise you well, do it :)

G

Gita

Reaction score
Can Zirkonzahn mill fully sintered zirconia??
Is it expensive??

P

paulg100

Reaction score
software is exocad yes?

If so id compare the cost with a 3shape/roland dwx50 setp up.

last time i looked the zirkonzahn system was alot dearer.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
software is exocad yes?

If so id compare the cost with a 3shape/roland dwx50 setp up.

last time i looked the zirkonzahn system was alot dearer.

They submited me an offer , 48.800 euros without tax , the milling unit , softwares , spindle for milling metal , sintering oven , and an extra handpiece . I already own a scanner so didn't need theirs . Roland DWX-50 is cheaper , about 10.000 euros cheaper , for the same equipment , milling unit , suction , software and sintering oven . I have heard so nice things about roland , and it is cheap . The only thing that worries me is that it doesn't look solid , weighs only 80 kgs . On the other hand it is cheap , the ROI will be faster .

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Amman Girrbach is also using Exocad if that helps you.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"The only thing that worries me is that it doesn't look solid"

youve seen the zirkonzahn unit right? It looks like something someone put to gether in a shed with handpeices.

Not saying theres anything wrong with it, but it doesn't look like a substantial bit of industrial kit either.

How locked down is the zirkonzahn system?

Id keep everything as open as possible if it were me.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
How locked down is the zirkonzahn system?

Id keep everything as open as possible if it were me.[/QUOTE]

I agree that zirkonzahn isn't an industrial unit , but I think that is will be more stable than the Roland . Haven't seen it in action yet . i have seen the Roland machine though , and I think it is quite a machine for its value . Value for money is great . Zirkonzahn is a closed system . You have to buy their tools , blanks , software . Otherwise it is not working . At least this is what they said to me . Have you heard anything about a machine called Mach 5 from ICM company ? It is a big machine able to mill CoCr and Ti . I just received a bridge milled in CoCr and I have to say I was impressed . Excellent fit , sealed margins . I would post some pics but can't figure out how!:confused:

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Zirkonzahn is a closed system . You have to buy their tools , blanks , software".

If that really is the case then id forget about it. Sick of being locked into closed systems and getting shafted, but thats just me.

(i doubt it is, ive seen plenty of 3rd parties advertising blanks for it)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
"Zirkonzahn is a closed system . You have to buy their tools , blanks , software".

If that really is the case then id forget about it. Sick of being locked into closed systems and getting shafted, but thats just me.

(i doubt it is, ive seen plenty of 3rd parties advertising blanks for it)

I am also sure that you can use other products than theirs.I don't like closed systems either , I want to be able to choose for myself .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
The one thing that made me look zirkonzahn's way , is the option of metal milling . I would love to have a machine with the ability to mill metal , without having to spend too much many for a big machine . Of course I don't know if it can provide a quality result .

pingvin

pingvin

Reaction score
As far as I know Zirkonzahn is open system (scanner and milling unit). But why would someone use Chinese zirconium blocks is beyond me. Girbach has a scanner and a mill, but they are both less precise then Zirkonzahn. As far as I understand metal milling is in green stage, you need to sinter it.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
As far as I know Zirkonzahn is open system (scanner and milling unit). But why would someone use Chinese zirconium blocks is beyond me. Girbach has a scanner and a mill, but they are both less precise then Zirkonzahn. As far as I understand metal milling is in green stage, you need to sinter it.

They have a new feature that they are still working on it . CAD/CAM Metal milling - Zirkonzahn GmbH
I think this is not green metal . That's what they told me . They haven't realsed it yet .

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Dry-milling metal in that thing???.....

Not productive. Going to eat up some tools.

Kinda an after-thought. It may work once in a while, but it is a lame way to go about it.

I'd keep shopping if you are thinking about metal milling.

Scott

B

Buried1999

Reaction score
Have you heard anything about a machine called Mach 5 from ICM company ? It is a big machine able to mill CoCr and Ti . I just received a bridge milled in CoCr and I have to say I was impressed . Excellent fit , sealed margins . I would post some pics but can't figure out how!:confused:

I know.

Go for Origin's metal milling machines if you are interested in this type of milling.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I know.

Go for Origin's metal milling machines if you are interested in this type of milling.

I don't think origin is in Europe . When you wrote I know , you ment you know of the ICM Mach 5 machine ? What is your opinion of it ? Thanks .

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Dry-milling metal in that thing???.....

Not productive. Going to eat up some tools.

Kinda an after-thought. It may work once in a while, but it is a lame way to go about it.

I'd keep shopping if you are thinking about metal milling.

Scott

It is not my first option of course . It sure is cheap but I would prefer a big machine for metal milling.