Zirconia Veneers!

V

Vellis

Reaction score
Hello guys! Do you have any experience with zirconia veneers? Aidite launched EZneer, a new zirconia especially for veneers.
What about the bonding issues? Do you trust zirconia for veneers? Have you tried Biomic Lisi Connect for bonding? It's a good choice for a lab that has only dry milling machine?
Thank you very much!:)

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
If I may, what is special about the EZneer Zr? Very High translucent? I am interested in the answers you will get. Especially in regards to bonding Zr and its effectiveness.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hello guys! Do you have any experience with zirconia veneers? Aidite launched EZneer, a new zirconia especially for veneers.
What about the bonding issues? Do you trust zirconia for veneers? Have you tried Biomic Lisi Connect for bonding? It's a good choice for a lab that has only dry milling machine?
i havent used aidites ezner...nor do i advise zirconia for veneers.
that said its been prescribed a handful of times over the years and they all were inserted and as far as i know are still in the mouth years later. i dont recall what method was used for bonding/cementing though. its been awhile since i had one. i think last winter was the last time.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I really don´t get what would be the point, every restoration doesn´t have to be able to be done in zirconia. Is anybody getting veneers doing it because the highest strength restoration? I highly doubt it. I feel like this is one of those times to just use a more appropriate material and stop trying to force zirconia to be right for everything, it´s not and it likely will never be

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I have done them with different type of zirconia that have 47 to 49 translucency. Anything above that will show the actual prep and sometimes you need to block that with tooth color BONDING kit only. You can cement a veneer if it is preped and designed with incisal support. Bonding is preferable. I use YZ instead of E max because of the ease of fabrication and strength. I am done with investing, burning out and pressing ceramics. Reaction layer and sandblasting is in my past .

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I suggest to my clients that they use Panavia V5. They even have an opaque one for dark preps.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Are they using Z-Prime+ or Monobond+ after they clean up from try in, to help with the bond to the zirconia?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I would be concerned if I were extending beyond the prep, or the Dr preps the Inc edge down and the bond is so strong to the tooth, that the patient could fracture, break the tooth, and not the veneer. From my understanding, Dr's are seeing greater incidents of chipping and fracturing due to covid related stress. So maybe I would rather my emax veneer chips or breaks, compared to the tooth, if that were the case?

Unless I really knew what I was doing in milling zirconia veneers and the die space setting, I think for now I can get better margins with wax, as I can seal the margins if needed. But, maybe I just need to put my man pants on give it a try and figure it out ;)

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The only thing worse than reaction layer, pressing, investment, and dealing with veneers in general, is redoing them for free after the patient swallows it. This goes against years of science on dentin bonding, and gives veneers a bad name. Having just redone a GW veneer case that was a joke, have some integrity and say no.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
"years of science", yep. Dr Barghi had a seminar long ago, that if a Dr followed the best practice concepts he taught of prepping and bonding veneers, that they should last 18-20 years. For a couple of office girls I did #6 - 11 for, they're still doing well after 13 years.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
if i ever got a mothful of veneers i'd want titanium just to be different, also a beer opener implant, and a small radio.
I wish I could find it, but around 7 or 8 years ago I saw a joke add for custom beer opener screw retained ti restorations marketed at rugby players who had teeth knocked out

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we do this but request that the preps be closer to 3/4 crowns - and if not we won't provide a warranty

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Jaws (James Bond) - Wikipedia

if i ever got a mothful of veneers i'd want titanium just to be different, also a beer opener implant, and a small radio.

P

Paulo Guevara

Reaction score
Aidite is bringing new material every year. The EZneer is something unique, Just try one time and you will love it.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Aidite is bringing new material every year. The EZneer is something unique, Just try one time and you will love it.
With a name like EZneer it can’t lose. Just screams first class.