Zirconia ti base

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
Zirconia crown cracking after separating from ti-base. Did slow heat starting at 475 to 600c for ten minutes at full vacuum then slow cool. Set on pillow tray. Using Multilink cement. Base is thin due to tissue being tight. Can I not separate a thin ti base?

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
I burn it at 200-250ºC for 2-3 hrs.

Y

Yuugen

Reaction score
Very slow clime of rate to 500ºC hold it for 10 minutes and a very slow cooling and that's takes an hour+

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Zirconia crown cracking after separating from ti-base. Did slow heat starting at 475 to 600c for ten minutes at full vacuum then slow cool. Set on pillow tray. Using Multilink cement. Base is thin due to tissue being tight. Can I not separate a thin ti base?
I don't go higher the 400. Put low temp to 250 and slow heat to 400. keep it there 15 min. Maybe you have to repeat it, but that work for me.

I have had issues/cracks with the super duper high translucent zirconias that are at 650mpa. Higher strength zr work well though...

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
I heat at 400f for 1 hour and every cement has burned out. It is my cement program for every restoration that come into the lab with cement. Gentle and slow enough to destroy the bonds on all cements or resins. Then I glass bead or sand blast the remaining debris. If I am concerned about the interface I will use a fiberglass brush to remove the residue without damaging the interface and it will remove small amounts of oxide layer that remains.