It must be intermission time?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Value is so high I can't see the crown Aetsch

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
That would be the "whitest you can make it" crown!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Cubic zirconia does look a bit nicer, but its too bad it chips and breaks.. I cant sell it.. Dontknow

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks M.D.L...it's nice, but IMO, the shades is a bit off, a little low value and more chroma, and the Inc is 1-1.5 steps lower value? It could just be me, though, or how the camera captured it :)

12751310_544926262334223_1218175770_n_zpspyyqmmx8.jpg

Macron Dental Lab

Macron Dental Lab

Reaction score
Thank you sorry 4 the pictures
Thanks M.D.L...it's nice, but IMO, the shades is a bit off, a little low value and more chroma, and the Inc is 1-1.5 steps lower value? It could just be me, though, or how the camera captured it :)

12751310_544926262334223_1218175770_n_zpspyyqmmx8.jpg
Thank you They are from the phone I will shoot some with my Sony to see if I capture a better result from my experience working with zirconia this looks 100 better than regular HT zirconia but yes the material needs to be handled with care special in the margins I like the honesty of all even coolhand luke :artist.png:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I appreciate your follow up, M.D.L., and your kind understanding that we can be playful (the first 4-5 posts after your 1st one) and honest.

Now, some honesty about myself. I have yet to do a HT or super/ultra HT fcz crown, as all of mine are emax monolithic for those type of cases. So in a way, I have to be careful about being to critical, as I am learning from you and others here who have the courage to post on this forum for others to give their feedback on, or to learn from.

By the way, what zirconia did you use, Cubic?

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
This is very nice looking crown.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I appreciate your follow up, M.D.L., and your kind understanding that we can be playful (the first 4-5 posts after your 1st one) and honest.

Now, some honesty about myself. I have yet to do a HT or super/ultra HT fcz crown, as all of mine are emax monolithic for those type of cases. So in a way, I have to be careful about being to critical, as I am learning from you and others here who have the courage to post on this forum for others to give their feedback on, or to learn from.

By the way, what zirconia did you use, Cubic?
to be technical i doubt it was Cubic.

Zirconia goes through 3 phases, in much the same way ice becomes water, and then gas: when heated, its phases are Monoclinic, Tetragonal, and Cubic. Monoclinic is what the vast majority of our zirconia is. its the lowest heating used to create polycrystalline zirconia. Tetragonal is the area we are encroaching with the HT zirconias. it needs higher temperature and yields different results. in order to get to Cubic zirconia phase, we need ovens that can reach the 3000C mark, and very few of us have such equipment.

but Cubic comes out looking clear and hard and like a diamond.

CubeX2 however, is a Tetragonal form of zirconia that has been branded to sound like Cubic.

do not confuse the two.

CubeX2 is a chippy zirconia brand that i use daily, with good results.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you, CHL. You had mentioned briefly in another thread what Cubic was, but this is really good information. I know I was confused about it, and was wondering what the difference was, so again, thanks for explaining it in more depth :)

H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
Looks good, but we need better picture I guess. I do like how Zirconia are becoming now days!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Zirconia Emax Vmk Alumina Inceram outceram Empress etc can all look good in the right hands its just that some last a lot longer than others.some are better for the mouth over all thats why i put so much work into zirconia i use different opacity for different jobs using just one super trans zirconia isnt going to solve all your problems.when i see pictures of this material looks good and so on to me it just shows that the tech knows the material.New materials can make life easier for sure but guys just because you see a pretty picture doesnt mean that its beer and skittles from now on.Im sorry to be a bit negative about this thread but when someone puts a thread a zirconia that looks natural i think what the hell have i been doing for the last 15 years do all my crowns look 5hit and before any one says how can you be doing zi crowns for 15 years, procera was releasing zi copings in 2000 2001 and so were dentsply cercon full contour were been done 2005 in prettau from zirkonzahn sure look at new materials but also just learn how to use them also you may have a totally good material in your drawer that you havnt used properly i know this has happened to me before.Im just not surprised that a zirconia crown looks good or course they do.

Top Bottom