Zirconia over a bar on 3Shape

Z

Zak Johnson

Reaction score
I keep seeing Zirkon Zahn ads for doing zirconia full arches cemented to a bar over implants. Is this something exclusively on ExoCad or has anyone found a way to do this on 3Shape? If so, how do we even begin with our order form?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
we were doing before zirkonzahn did but we were using zirkonzahn equipment and products.we started with nobel bars and hand milling .then we worked out how to do it on the m5 there wasnt really ever a button in those days i think you will be able to do it with 3 shape but you will have to trick the system. ie call it something else.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
not necessarily grantoz, but case preparatory work is key. stable correct bite, with waxups, done item by item, it will be just fine to do a bar and work forwards. equally fine to do barless, or copy a plastic waxup. but preparation is entirely key.

earlier when working down under i got the opportunity to work with testing versions of 3shape 2019, which was buggy and difficult to consistently troubleshoot. i understand its better now in the later 2019 versions, however i've had no opportunity to test 2020 with anyone yet.

Z

Zak Johnson

Reaction score
not necessarily grantoz, but case preparatory work is key. stable correct bite, with waxups, done item by item, it will be just fine to do a bar and work forwards. equally fine to do barless, or copy a plastic waxup. but preparation is entirely key.

earlier when working down under i got the opportunity to work with testing versions of 3shape 2019, which was buggy and difficult to consistently troubleshoot. i understand its better now in the later 2019 versions, however i've had no opportunity to test 2020 with anyone yet.

I’ve heard that a lot about 3Shape recently. I’ve only had the opportunity to work with the one dental CAD system in my (admittedly brief) career so far. From my conversations with others in the industry I get the sense that Exocad is better suited for larger and more complex cases like this. Unfortunately from where I stand a switch doesn’t seem feasible right now for a host of external factors.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
better suited? nah. they are the same. its just 3shape also sells scanners and makes software for hearing aids and feet orthotics. they arent dentirely a dental company focused on one product. they have structural and functional issues in the software because of that.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
how are you going coolhand

Z

Zak Johnson

Reaction score
I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this. Is it possible to set up a 3Shape order with no crowns (only pontics) over soft tissue? The tissue interface settings are less than ideal but may work over a cast or SLM bar with a manually painted on spacer... I have no idea if this will work. I may wake up tomorrow wondering what the hell I typed! Only one way to find out. I will report back

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
If ever you want, we offer a full service of this product called the Diamart,

It required much less work and hassles then designing it in 3shape and/or exocad.

just pm me if you wanna know more about it ;)

Z

Zak Johnson

Reaction score
I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this. Is it possible to set up a 3Shape order with no crowns (only pontics) over soft tissue? The tissue interface settings are less than ideal but may work over a cast or SLM bar with a manually painted on spacer... I have no idea if this will work. I may wake up tomorrow wondering what the hell I typed! Only one way to find out. I will report back
Looking through old post history.
I’ve since learned that this is possible by setting up an order as “Temporary over a prepared model.”