Zirconia Opaqueness & Shade Issues

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
They're running on 220. Hold times are 2 hours.

This setup was working fine for years with no issues, which makes it puzzling. I can't pinpoint to anything substantial that would have changed.

As for temps, I re-checked on more runs (I must have made measuring mistakes before or used faulty rings) - all started from close to room temperature - and I now have:
  • Bottom layer 15-20°C lower than the middle layer
  • Middle layer on target
  • Top layer < 5°C above the middle layer
These measurements seem to be consistent between runs and between furnaces.

Last edited:
H

HUA D

Reaction score

This setup was working fine for years with no issues, which makes it puzzling. I can't pinpoint to anything substantial that would have changed.

As for temps, I re-checked on more runs (I must have made measuring mistakes before or used faulty rings) - all started from close to room temperature - and I now have:
  • Middle layer on target

You did well, not furnace reason, I think maybe there is a little difference between new lot and old lot discs ,I mean the discs are made from different Zirconia powder. would you please try to sinter old lot crows, old ones will be better.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
So... After calibration spree last weekend, we had an ok day with stuff mostly normal. This morning everything was ok opacity wise but all too light (but we also had backup stainer since the regular guy was sick). Got a new toaster oven, gloves, brushes.

I noticed weird discolouration on some sintering trays and lids, not only in Dekemas but also in backup sintra we have.

image1.JPG

Not the best picture ever, but the tray is blue compared to other ones. I've seen the same on the lid of our backup Sintra.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Here's the lid and tray from Sintra.

image91.JPG

Edit: On unrelated note, ArgenZ HT+ is out in the wild now, so I'll test on that too.

Edit 2: Apparently it's not out for us Canadians yet. A few more weeks to go. Oh well.

Last edited:
K

KIM

Reaction score

• Middle layer on target
You're running the DEKEMA uSiC furnace? Or if it's from your 3M system they call it the "Lava 200"?

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
You're running the DEKEMA uSiC furnace? Or if it's from your 3M system they call it the "Lava 200"?
Dekema μSiCs, running software ver. 5.01.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
A little update on this.

After revisiting all related procedures and policies from milling to sintering and making sure people actually follow them, we're not entirely sure what we ended up fixing, but we are getting the opacity issues under control now. Some shades are a bit light still, but not 2 shades too light. That's probably just due to human factor.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Try the new Argen Z HT+

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Try the new Argen Z HT+
I will when I get my mitts on it. It'll be a while until they have full stock in Kelowna, although I should have some samples coming soon. Maybe.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I will when I get my mitts on it. It'll be a while until they have full stock in Kelowna, although I should have some samples coming soon. Maybe.
We have been beta testing this product for a few months with great results.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
My understanding is Argen has quietly switch zirconias, what youre experiencing is likely because of the new product.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
oh no oh no no no.
I have a similar problem as described in the first post.
color problems. sometimes too dark, sometimes too bright, once I noticed too much transparent.
the oven blew electrical plugs one day.
I changed the electric socket and it was ok.

may these problems concern the electrical network, not the oven
the day before, before the super translucent zircon came out totally opaque
there were power cuts.
several times an hour

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
oh no oh no no no.
I have a similar problem as described in the first post.
color problems. sometimes too dark, sometimes too bright, once I noticed too much transparent.
the oven blew electrical plugs one day.
I changed the electric socket and it was ok.

may these problems concern the electrical network, not the oven
the day before, before the super translucent zircon came out totally opaque
there were power cuts.
several times an hour
Try and get your electrician to check your voltage, make sure it's what you require and regular, steady. Also Brown-outs will wreak havoc in your cycles. Hope this helps 🙂

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
everything indicates it was an electrical problem. a power failure the day before sintering completely bad for two days, even the milling machine left strange marks on these crowns. the electrician checked everything. he found one weak phase. the energy supplier has probably fixed the problem. milling machine on the same crowns, milled much better, perfect firing. I am considering a voltage stabilizer.

J

JUAN CARLOS LONDOÑO

Reaction score
¿Has probado Descontaminar los hornos y bandejas ?. Yo uso 'Purge Sinter' de Vision USA. Algo más para que pruebesNo sé
Have you tried Decontaminating the furnaces and trays ?. I use 'Purge Sinter' by Vision USA . Something else for you to try Dontknow
is this decontaminant effective? I tried this one and it didn't work for me. do you have any program that you suggest me

Top Bottom