Zirconia multi-layered crown and bridge

K

KaiM

Reaction score
I’m having a difficult time displaying the look I am needing. I’m using talladium multi layered and staining with GC lustre. How can I achieve the appearance in order to look more natural, More translucent? Is it better to add color pre sintered and stain and glaze after bake?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I’m having a difficult time displaying the look I am needing. I’m using talladium multi layered and staining with GC lustre. How can I achieve the appearance in order to look more natural, More translucent? Is it better to add color pre sintered and stain and glaze after bake?
Show some nice quality pics of what youre getting out of the sinter oven.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Color and translucency.
You can have actual trans, or you can fake it. Try multiple Zrs before you decide on one and fight with it. Some are more trans than others. Play with your sinter temps. You can get prettier appearances out of some with a different temp than the mfrg suggests.

Regardless of how nice the Zr is, color and trans can be a challenge.

Who are you going to believe...your lying eyes?

Check the two squares labeled A and B. Which one is lighter?

They are the same.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Spend a bit more money and get Amman G multiplayer zirconia and you will never regret it. Check high temp on sentencing. Pritident is one hell of a nice multiplayer zirconia too.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Spend a bit more money and get Amman G multiplayer zirconia and you will never regret it. Check high temp on sentencing. Pritident is one hell of a nice multiplayer zirconia too.
Are you talking about the Zolid fx multilayer?

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
If you have to do that much, switch to Amann G zirconia or Pritident. That are beautiful with the GC staining kit.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
If you have to do that much, switch to Amann G zirconia or Pritident. That are beautiful with the GC staining kit.
I agree that the priti is a good looking material however, it cannot be wet milled - just be aware as long as you are only dry milling zirc it’s a good choice

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I agree that the priti is a good looking material however, it cannot be wet milled - just be aware as long as you are only dry milling zirc it’s a good choice
I am not sure why anyone would wet mill zirconia puck!

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
I am not sure why anyone would wet mill zirconia puck!
Wet milling:
Reduces dust
Improves mill life
Produces cleaner patterns
Thinner margins and crisper lines with less chipping.

The only reasons to NOT mill wet are:
Dry mills are cheaper
Some zirc cannot be wet milled ( I assume because of solubility of the binders in the green state puck but honestly am only speculating)
Do you know Argen wet mills all their zirconia?
Talk with Brayks from Axsys, he has some great data on wet milling.

J

Jennifer Du

Reaction score
Wet milling:
Reduces dust
Improves mill life
Produces cleaner patterns
Thinner margins and crisper lines with less chipping.

The only reasons to NOT mill wet are:
Dry mills are cheaper
Some zirc cannot be wet milled ( I assume because of solubility of the binders in the green state puck but honestly am only speculating)
Do you know Argen wet mills all their zirconia?
Talk with Brayks from Axsys, he has some great data on wet milling.
If use wet milling, don't forget to dry zirconia before put it into sintering oven.

J

Jennifer Du

Reaction score
Try the Aconia 3D multilayer zirconia disc, it may the right solution for you the balance of translucency, shade and strength.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score

Is the extra translucent Priti (1150mpa) beautiful?

E

Evolve.DC

Reaction score
trying out talladium's mulitlayer, having issue with the color that is coming out after sinter. Using a brand new sintra plus oven. i've tried other brand pucks and the color comes out good. the talladium comes out looking gray and dead. is this how they are supposed to look? they had me raise the temp to 1540 now. but still not really any better. who's got some good insight for me

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Anyone wanting to try our Multilayer Plus Zirconia I'll gladly send you a FREE sample.

1050 MPa
48% Translucency
Great for all applications.

FREE disk & FREE shipping (Continental U.S)

Top Bottom