ZIRCONIA ETCHING SOLUTION, "Illusion Z-etch"

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
It looks interesting.

What if you're dipping your zirconia, do you apply this after?
Does it etch the surface well enough so that you can now reliably bond veneers?
What is difference regarding the differing can colors?

Thanks for any follow up information you can provide :)

Last edited:
Michelle Kim

Michelle Kim

It looks interesting.

What if you're dipping your zirconia, do you apply this after?
Does it etch the surface well enough so that you can now reliably bond veneers?
What is difference regarding the differing can colors?

Thanks for any follow up information you can provide :)
It is ok to apply zetch after dipping and it won’t affect color or translucency. It etches well enough the surface. You can apply it with either brushing or spraying technique. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me if you have more questions. Thanks~~~

C

Chad Gardner

I’m extremely interested in this product as a DDS/CDT that does most of my zirconia work in-office. It seems the spraying technique would lead to it getting on the external surface of the restoration. Is this not a problem? If not, why not?
Any reduction in the strength of the material?
Roughly how deep of an etch can be achieved?
If this product produces an etch pattern similar to HF acid on glass without compromising esthetics or strength, then you may have finally found the last piece to the puzzle that puts zirconia over eMax, which I have been predicting for 3 years. I have no trouble with zirconia crowns coming off but many teepee prep dentists do. This could be their crutch as well as make truly bonded zirconia veneers a possibility.

Michelle Kim

Michelle Kim

I’m extremely interested in this product as a DDS/CDT that does most of my zirconia work in-office. It seems the spraying technique would lead to it getting on the external surface of the restoration. Is this not a problem? If not, why not?
Any reduction in the strength of the material?
Roughly how deep of an etch can be achieved?
If this product produces an etch pattern similar to HF acid on glass without compromising esthetics or strength, then you may have finally found the last piece to the puzzle that puts zirconia over eMax, which I have been predicting for 3 years. I have no trouble with zirconia crowns coming off but many teepee prep dentists do. This could be their crutch as well as make truly bonded zirconia veneers a possibility.
Hi Chad, thanks for interested in this product.
Way it works is that you are painting (or spraying) nano zirconia particle to surface. During the sintering process, these particles are not only stick to zirconia surface, but also help zirconia surface stay porous. It doesn’t affect color or translucency and is very easy to polish or glaze. Moreover, it doesn't affect strength, either.

doug

doug

Do you have the report on this material?

Michelle Kim

Michelle Kim

so its not an etch its a additional rough layer for mechanical bonding is that correct?
Yes, it has the same effect as etching zirconia. It is coated thinly enough to not affect the fit. It is more effective to apply sufficient liquid.

C

Chad Gardner

Any studies at all in regards to it not altering the fracture strength of the material?

It’s a great idea and I believe it could be the beginning of the truly bonding zirconia.

Is the material that gets incorporated into the zirconia silica-based so that it could be silanated?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Any Research yet?...also, any of our Members use this...thoughts?

Michelle Kim

Michelle Kim

Any Research yet?...also, any of our Members use this...thoughts?
Jeonnam National University Dental Hospital researched this product.
We are also waiting for more formal report. Our lab, Crystal Dental Design, is using this product. It's way more safer than any other etching product and gives strong bonding effect.

G

grantoz

i would like to try it but after the paper comes out my main concern is what it does to the colour of the crown

doug

doug

That's really nice, except that I won't etch anything going out of the lab. The dental office is responsible for that. Etching should be done after the try-in, any adjustments, and a through cleaning of the READY TO SEAT restortation. Since historically the docs or assistants do a crappy job of following a cleaning protocol prior to seating, anything we do is lost. All those little retentive areas in the intaglio surface are filled with saliva,blood, or try-in paste.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

What about a comparisation to Zircos E ? Z-etch looks easier.. >
No Thank You! I want to avoid another highly hazardous material in the laboratory. I want to get rid of 4.5% HF, let alone bring in another HF product of higher concentration mixed with Sulfuric Acid and Hydrogen Chloride.

Reactions: JMN
Michelle Kim

Michelle Kim

What about a comparisation to Zircos E ? Z-etch looks easier.. >
Hi Smilelist,
Zircos E
It is very strong acid you can deep the crowns after sintering
Z-etct
You can apply before sintering. It is nano particles sticks to zirconia surface. Very simple to use and perfectly safe
Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 11.25.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-19 at 11.25.16 AM.png

AGV

AGV

Pic before etch has a measure of 10nmicrons. Could you please post an after pic with a measure?

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom