Zirconia Discs Selection

• Thread starter Simon_Vincismile
  • Start date
Simon_Vincismile

Simon_Vincismile

Reaction score
I don't have the means nor the time to stress test a bridge before delivery. In general, I go with brands that have a reputation in our field. If you come up with a brand new zirconia, and have not been in the dental field prior to your launch, you would have to come up with some compelling arguments. And price is not one of them.

I need to be able to back my products with the clients. At the end, my lively hood depends on the materials I use! I'd go bankrupt quickly if that material starts to fail at a high rate...

I realize, having been in the dental field a long time, as a provider of products, doesn't make you automatically an expert in zirconia. We certainly had our run ins and failures with this material in the past. It is a finicky material, too! If you don't that it right, it'll kick you in the as quickly.

I feel, we really only are at the beginning of usable zirconia products! Everything prior to multilayer discs was unusable, esthetically speaking!
Yeah, I agree. It is difficult to promote zirconia discs of a new brand. The quality is so important that few labs would like to change the brand they use now. The risk of using a new brand cannot be measured clearly and that is the key point I think