Zirconia coloring liquids??

M

Michael C Sweglar

Reaction score
we've used the Zirkahn liquids......average. We're now using Glidewell's liquids......the shades are alot nicer to work with. However, the Zr you're dipping or brushing is just as important for the final result. We're milling Talladium's HT Zr for most of our units.

Zirkonzahn sells there liquid to Glidewell...

B

Bugi

Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone is using a coloring system for presintered zirconia. If so, are you happy with the materials? Are you getting consistent result.
b
Hi Bob,

which coloring system did you settle with?

Nowakdental

Nowakdental

Reaction score
We at Nowak Dental are now selling the Zirkon Zahn Coloring liquids, Stains & Prettau Zirconia. ;)

G

grantoz

Reaction score
use water based zirkonzahn they are the most reliable for us .we have tried them all lava, tanaka. vita every time someone brings out new one we try it, water based one is better for your furnace and more reliable in colour also much easier to handle when everything is not rusting from the acid base.

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
We ran out of Tanaka Liquids and went to B&D. They work well and only take 1 minute. We'll stay with B&D for now. We have tryed Zirkahn Zahn and Lava but
like the B&D the best.

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
I use Zr by Dental Direkt (thanks, Drizzt). With this Zr, I've used this:
- VITA : Correct value, but chroma tends to grey.
- Zirkohn Zahn Water Based : UUUFFFF, A1 seems A4.
- Dental Direkt: Correct, maybe a little high value, like A1 tends to A1.25.
- Ivoclar ZirCad: Very good, but ivoclar amazingly has abandoned it.
-FinoFrame Zr: Correct, easy, it's possible to dilute it with water. A1 tends to A1.75.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I'm new to Pre-Sintering have only used the Zirkon Zahn Water Based .
I find I'm get very inconsistent results. Once and awhile a crown will just look way to Grey.
Im still working out the problems.

I have had some advice from some people here and results are getting better, but it's pretty annyoing when a crown looks like hell right out of the sintering oven. I'm still trying to figure out if it's the sintering oven itself or the ZZ colors that are giving me grief.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
its probably a bit of both have look inside your furnace there should be no discolouration of the elements or the heat proof material if there is that will give you probs . Also use a calligraphy brush no metal on the brush they will rust and give you grief .You can get consistent results with practice remember when you 1st started doing vmks were they all consistent in shade I know mine were not. Just practice brush strokes on old bits of zirconia sinter them that way you can work out ewhat works .that's how we train our people

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Testing out colouring liquids from White Peaks from Germany. So far excellent results. First glaze then stain. Interesting concept, stains do not run this way.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
This is what the elements are looking like. I'm not sure if this is normal.
fM5CZm1.jpg UYTrpLF.jpg

I have been using Caligraphy brushes.
Would the grey value come from too high or low of a temperature?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
What temp and zirk are you using. if its the temp that's making it grey you would have to be higher than the recommended manufactures temp. the other thing it could be is what are you trimming the copings with in the green state. by the way your elements and furnace liner look fine

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Actually I had another look at your furnace you are getting some kind of contamination you can see it in the 2nd photo look at the bottom of the furnace near the elements. if your putting you crowns near there it would effect the colour I think. the elements are blistered and patchy all these things will effect the colour im sorry I didn't see this in the first place. If it was me I would replace them .1st the check temps and then iron out you technique I would fire some zirk without colour and just check that it dosnt come out grey or yellow.

Andrew@KillianDental

Andrew@KillianDental

Reaction score
What process are you using to stain with your Zircon Zahn Liquids? Are you using the recommended brush technique or are you using another method?

I would have recommended the ZZ liquid but seems you already use it. I know I don't stain my green state zirconia the same way they recommended with the brush. I do a combo of both Dipping and Brushing and it goes much faster then counting the brush strokes, And it comes out a bit more consistent.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just using a brush, no dipping.
What is your dipping technique?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I've heard of brushing the incisal with water. Then dipping. The results are spose to be satisfactory.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I can get pretty good results on the body of the crown,
It's just the occusal surface looks dead and lacks any type of translucency. Even though I'm brushing in some Violet and Blue.

P1040432.JPG P1040429.JPG

Andrew@KillianDental

Andrew@KillianDental

Reaction score
I dip to get the overall color of the crown then i go in with the brush to get those nice lighter cusp tips and some good color in the occ. ridge. Play around a little bit with the liquids maybe you will find a new look.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I believe that the 3m Lava liquids work well with Jensen HT and Lava. You have to dilute for HT by 20%, but the results are great. I want to say 3M licensed Wieland to use liquid?or it may have just been the technique as I believe they own the patent for coloring of pre-sintered Zr buy dipping or brushing?? On a separate note, how can you tell the elements are going to go bad time wise? Are there visual indicators or only audible as Scott stated?