Zirconia coloring liquids??

suman

suman

Reaction score
I use Zr by Dental Direkt (thanks, Drizzt). With this Zr, I've used this:
- VITA : Correct value, but chroma tends to grey.
- Zirkohn Zahn Water Based : UUUFFFF, A1 seems A4.
- Dental Direkt: Correct, maybe a little high value, like A1 tends to A1.25.
- Ivoclar ZirCad: Very good, but ivoclar amazingly has abandoned it.
-FinoFrame Zr: Correct, easy, it's possible to dilute it with water. A1 tends to A1.75.

Hello, we use Dental Direct HT ZR and their BioZX2 colour liquids for presintered. We tried different variations of dipping brushing, also polishing before shading. For sintering we use mihg-vogt HT-S (1550C for HTZR),For inclusal we use OS1 and OS2 due to instruction. The result is
1) A1 seems like A0,5(vita) with little translucency.
2) A2 like A1,5(vita) with little(no) translucency
3) A3 A3.5 and others (B, C ,D) seems like 1 tone lighter but they are not from Vita pallete at all. They all are too grey and no translucency.

From your post I see that you get higher value. What is your drying technique?

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
using zenostar, and zz water based. Happy with results. Dark shades are harder to get right, can look like mud on occasion. Consistency is ok if you are CAREFUL with brushing on liquids.

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
For sintering we use mihg-vogt HT-S (1550C for HTZR)
They all are too grey and no translucency.
From your post I see that you get higher value. What is your drying technique?

??? Dental Direkt HT zr sintering is 1450ºC. I use mihg-voght too. Maybe 1550ºC gives lower value for your zr?, but i think would give you more translucency. Anyway i agree, in higher values (A 3.5, B4 ...) it greyish.

I use diping technique and a red lamp for drying.

Maybe less OS1 and OS2 increase your value.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
wait you are dipping white zenostar or the preshaded zenostar

K

Krzysztof Lewandowski

Reaction score
Hi

I heard that Tanaka is a pretty good system, and I have info that you can find it in Germany:)

I highly recommend also 3M Lava and Amann Girrbach systems.

Regards
Kris

RockyMark

RockyMark

Reaction score
DD-Bio-ZXDentin-Liquid.png

We used dentine liquids which allow for outstanding color reproduction check here http://www.daltechsystems.com/product/bio-z-zirconia-shading-liquid/

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Is there one shading liquid kit available that can be used on anterior, and HT zirconias?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Is there one shading liquid kit available that can be used on anterior, and HT zirconias?
Thats a tough one, but Changs discontinued Zr, Aurora was a multi later of both strong and very trans, and their color worked well. You needed to apply quite a bit more to the incisal and less as you got into the stronger stuff, but it worked, so I give the nod to their color system. Just with the note, even though it works on both types of Zr, the application is different.

user name

user name

Reaction score
@RDA I just did a coupe Katana STML; precolored B-2, and a conservative coat of Changs B-3. Perfect B-3. I really like this brush...
20190128_105354.jpg

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Where, or how did people on this forum learn how to apply shading liquids for proper coloring of zirconia?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Trial and error. Mill 3-4 starter units, see what you think with the liquids or color stains, mill and color 3-4 more with your information from the previous ones etc.
Dip one for 30 seconds, one for 1mn. Add one coat of Inc in shade correct color, one with a shade lighter etc. If the colors are way off, call a different manufacturer and see if you can get some liquid color samples. Origin was good about doing that.

Take notes of what is working and what isn't, so you don't forget or repeat yourself.
Keep reading this forum as some have posted their findings here, as in this thread. YouTube, also.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Where, or how did people on this forum learn how to apply shading liquids for proper coloring of zirconia?
def just trying it out. i stuck with the cubex liquids. work well on a variety of zirc pucks. i use a tad of nexxzir liquid from time to time. dip method too. did some brush technique but i dont like the poor absorption rate so went back to dipped. 20sec soak. still brush on incisal and some character colors if/when needed. but it took practice and some mis-colors.
mill a dozen samples. color then 2 at a time in different methods. mark them so you know which is which. sinter, compare, try again!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
def just trying it out. i stuck with the cubex liquids. work well on a variety of zirc pucks.

It's nice when you can find a liquid that works well on a couple of different manufacturers pucks. Beyond liquid works well for HT+, as I'll be using that
more for the longer span bridges. Compared to Beyond Live, which I find to opaque, even though it is probably a true y3 zirconia.