Zirconia coloring liquids and sintering furnace

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Transdermal nutrient fluid. Now with Vitamin C and coloring agents. You should look tanned, not grey.
Grey and orange make sun-tanned.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Grey and orange make sun-tanned.
It's a joke about ufo drivers being 'greys' and supposedly using a trancutaneous nutrient bath. I hear it tastes like chicken.

T

TanMan

Reaction score
Can you overheat the zirconia trying to dry them before sintering? I'm always trying to find ways to speed things up and as I'm airfrying some korean short ribs, I thought, can I use an airfryer to dry the zirconia faster?

What do you guys think? My other idea was to use a lab vacuum oven...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Can you overheat the zirconia trying to dry them before sintering? I'm always trying to find ways to speed things up and as I'm airfrying some korean short ribs, I thought, can I use an airfryer to dry the zirconia faster?

You're going to put it into a furnace that will go to 1500c and ...

I'd be more concerned that you'd rush the stains than damage the zirconia.

Try a few batches of scraps and see what happens. So much knowledge is gained by being scientific about questions. You have your hypothesis, you have a test in mind to callenge your hypothesis. Run the test.

One of the guys I respect most here (he'd be bashful about being named) earned that respect by testing everything and proving what works. And what works best for him with his materials and his equipment.

Experiment. Always. But not on 'live cases'. Leave that to Glidewell.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

I think I'd just be careful about being so hot, as in steaming them dry. I think that is why most of us are below 200f.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You're going to put it into a furnace that will go to 1500c and ...

I'd be more concerned that you'd rush the stains than damage the zirconia.

Agree

user name

user name

Reaction score

An air fryer is just a small convection oven, meaning it has a fan to move the air. Thats the same thing as a dehydrator.
I use a Nesco American Harvest. It has stackabletrays, so on model day I can load it up and push things along nicely.
You dont want to dry wet Zr any higher than 200...max. You don t want them to build steam.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
user name, how many watts is your unit?

dehydrator.jpg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you :)

I like your model idea, as at times I'm waiting for them to dry before I disc my dies out and trim them.
It's much cleaner to do that when they're dry.

D

Dental Castle

Reaction score
Welcome!
All coloring liquids are acidic, even the ones that are claimed to be water base. Use a toaster oven on low heat or a food dehydrator. 15 to 20 minutes at 190 has always been enough for me in the dehydrator.

Run a purge/regeneration cycle regularly.

One more thing plesae.. 190 celsius or fahrenheit?

WENDY

WENDY

Reaction score
I bought a cheap toaster from Target. (like 20 bucks?)
180F for 20 min to pre-dry.

I also purge my sintering oven once in a while.

Stuff I use-
-Liquid from BnD/Origin
-Sintering oven from KDF (beads and sintering trays also)
-Zirconia from many brands (i.e. whipmix, IDS CAD, bnd, katana, etc.)

D

DPS

Reaction score
Is it necessary to dry copings even if you color them with brush ? Or it' s just for dipping technique ?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Is it necessary to dry copings even if you color them with brush ? Or it' s just for dipping technique ?

I still do with my fcz brush color touch up, I just cut my times in half. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry I put them in as is, but I still like the idea of maintaining a good habit of a dried unit into the sinter furnace.