Zirconia cantilever Maryland bridge

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Studies I've heard of suggest 1 wing (works) 2 wings can fail. Seems counterintuitive but its the forces at play. My main concern with Zr Maryland bridges is if they do fail, and swollowed, its like a bladed fishing lure with low radiolucency...hard to find in exploratory surgery!!!! Just a thought...
2 wings requires the abutment teeth to remain perfectly at the position they were when the bridge was manufactured. Forever.
And unlike a crown-bridge it has no way to keep the teeth in that place.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
2 wings requires the abutment teeth to remain perfectly at the position they were when the bridge was manufactured. Forever.
And unlike a crown-bridge it has no way to keep the teeth in that place.
No it doesn’t, but it does require them to move in unison. As soon as they don’t something fails, one of the connectors or one of the bonds.
Edit: maybe you meant their position relative to one another.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
No it doesn’t, but it does require them to move in unison. As soon as they don’t something fails, one of the connectors or one of the bonds.
Edit: maybe you meant their position relative to one another.
Yeah, meant relative

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I haven't trusted one not made of NP metal. Haven't been proved wrong on that yet.

"Yet"...how many of these have you done, or are you doing?
Or, regarding the feedback of others?

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
"Yet"...how many of these have you done, or are you doing?
Or, regarding the feedback of others?
I have done none in emax or zorc, so my comment is unfair. My info is all 2nd or 3rd hand. Thank you for callong me out on that. An uneducated bias is dangerous.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Not so much dangerous, my friend, I just thought maybe you were holding out on me as far as what you've been up to in your lab ;) :)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Not so much dangerous, my friend, I just thought maybe you were holding out on me as far as what you've been up to in your lab ;) :)
The trebuchet delivery service didn't pan out, so now I'm trying a ballista instead.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I saw plenty of that type of delivery system in The Return of the King, battle scenes last night :)
I think I'll stick with the car delivery system :)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I saw plenty of that type of delivery system in The Return of the King, battle scenes last night :)
I think I'll stick with the car delivery system :)
I tried quadcopter delivery, but the ducks subverted it.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Interesting post on Dentaltown about using LISA to Pekkton for Maryland Bridge !
Disa Dental Studio made a post about using 2 lingual wings, 1 pontic using LISA bonded to Pekkton with good results.
Check out the Message Board under Cosmetic Dentistry, "A More Predictable Alternative to Maryland Bridges". post # 136

Top Bottom