ZirCad Prime issues...

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Inspired by the recent discussion on Nexx Multi, Katana ST, ZirCad Multi etc, here: Anyone have good shade accuracy experiences with ArgenZst or Nexx ZR multi ?
and here: Katana STML shade issue, I want to share a couple images of issues I have with ZirCad Prime.

One of them is, like 'Car 54' is calling it, the 'Prime Line'. The other is a notable increase in chroma after additional fire cycles in my Porcelain oven. I run the cleaning program on my ovens periodically, but I get this problem every so often. Sometimes, a bit more chroma comes in handy, but, on most cases, it is an issue..

Any way, the images have the text in it to explain what is there. I shared these images with Ivoclar, to no concrete result. The 'prime line' was never seen before and, in regards to the color issue, apparently, it has been reported before, but they wouldn't remember when, how and with whom...

Prime_6.jpg Prime_10.jpg Prime_9.jpg Prime_8.jpg
Prime_7.jpg Prime_5.jpg Prime_4.jpg Prime_3.jpg
Prime_1.jpg

Attachments

• Prime_0.jpg
    Prime_0.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 138
S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Does anyone know how they manufacture these zirconia disc with different layers and different hardness within the puck?

I'm a little worry about fracture at these layers.
I have heard from a couple people that they have had this happen. Could be a sintering or handling error on their part.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone know how they manufacture these zirconia disc with different layers and different hardness within the puck?

I have heard from a couple people that they have had this happen. Could be a sintering or handling error on their part.
Very good question and now I am worried...!!!

As for manufacturing, I'd guess the different powders are applied in layers and then compacted and pre-sintered. I don't have further knowledge...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Fairies from the cold cold moutains come to the foothills and dance with the faires of the stream.

Together their dust settles into the shallows of leaves and tree roots.

The MPa rating and translucency is a result of how carefully the layers as laid down by the dances are handled as the order they create in their swilring dives and glittering glides is best kept. There are rumors of a select few collectors who go out in the early morning bsfore even mushroom gatherers and collect their own as they know where the non-unionized farie dances are held by those dancers of greatest skill.

The brand name stuff, each is named after union boss of the farie dancers, is collected my those who used to collect the Sweedish Spagetti harvest as they were put out of work their by EU regulations and are easiest to retrain to such delecate work.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

Very good question and now I am worried...!!!

As for manufacturing, I'd guess the different powders are applied in layers and then compacted and pre-sintered. I don't have further knowledge...

Dontknow but here’s what the iVo literature says.....

9360688E-3C24-4F80-B5FB-78BC84702039.jpeg

E79CF2B2-A2D2-4DEE-8B69-984FA8BCBFB3.jpeg

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
We have used Prime, and don't care for it. For all of the hype, the zirconia seems a little more opaque than advertised. We mainly use Argen HT+ and Argen ST, it is beautiful.

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
What are your sintering cycles for the Prime overnight??
I'm having pretty much the same issues. So disappointed at Ivoclar's "baby" zirconia... Wasted my money buying this. My rep wouldn't give me a sample of these too. Used to be a big customer for Ivoclar and now we're starting to fade more and more away from their products...

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
What are your sintering cycles for the Prime overnight??
I'm having pretty much the same issues.
Are you referring to my OP? I use Program 1 on my Programat S1 1600, for the bridges. This is a roughly 10 hour cycle.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
As Grantoz said, I tried ZZ prettau 2 on his recommendation and it just works.
Had tried prime before and was very underwhelmed by the result, and concerned about the different flexural strengths .
Still I cannot believe that a supplier has said no one else is having that problem" the prime line "when someone asks them about an issue, and it turns out lots of people have the same one. ( he said sarcastically)

G

grantoz

Reaction score
im glad you liked it kimba.

D

Dimis

Reaction score
Hi I’m following this thread and I see that many of you have tried many brands of zirconias that I didn’t know existed.
I’m currently using sage max multi and I think is an amazing zirconia for cases up to three units. I m in search for a brand now to be able to mill (monolithic sometimes) for bigger cases. Prime was one of those that was advertise to be able to be used for full arch cases but as someone said is opaquish and to be honest I have difficulties getting the shades. Can you please recommend one from experience that can be used for bigger than 3 unit bridges as monolithic that can give nice colors ?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
yes i think you can get 98mm block prettau 2 zi from zirkonzahn.as kimba has milled it and he doesnt as far as i know have a zirkonzahn mill except his hand mill.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
yes it comes in a 98 mm disc. Yes I still have the handmill Grantoz. Best piece of equipment I ever bought!!

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
yes i think you can get 98mm block prettau 2 zi from zirkonzahn.as kimba has milled it and he doesnt as far as i know have a zirkonzahn mill except his hand mill.
yes it comes in a 98 mm disc. Yes I still have the handmill Grantoz. Best piece of equipment I ever bought!!
Thank you, Guys! I'll have a closer look and check out costs etc.