Zimmer 2.9 mm fixture restorative parts

victormasi

victormasi

Reaction score
So I get a case in with 5 fixtures-upper arch. Two of the implants are Zimmer 2.9mm, and no one (to my knowledge) makes a milling blank for it. So I called Zimmer and they want $240 per UCLA AND I have to add the cost of the alloy and labor. Does anyone know of an alternative component to be able to customize an abutment on this fixture. All responses greatly appreciated.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
TruAbutment has Ti bases for 2.9mm Zimmer and you can design and mill a Zr top or cast an alloy top to cement on to the base.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I recently got one of these also and had to do a UCLA abutment for the first time in three years.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
If you are in the USA then use an FDA approved part and go to Zimmer. None of truabutment ti bases are FDA approved so if you have a screw unloosen or ti base breake or debond then you have no defense that you used a legitimiate part. Also most of the 3.0 internal hex implants are not compatible with anyone else. I have learned this the hard way. We offer a 3.0 MIS Seven components but they wont work in Zimmer or Implant Direct or BioHorizons. I believe that the AB parts may work with the Implant Direct 3.2/3.0 internal hex though....