zfx

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm in the market for a half decent mill, and up until now I was convinced I was getting a Roland dwx-50. While at the dentistry show in Birmingham we came across the zfx inhouse5x which was in a different league. This mill looks incredibly solid and weighs 200kg, is german made and claims to be extremely accurate. Does anyone have experience with this mill, or zfx as a company?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
will they let you buy it without buying the CAD ?

seems to me this machine is similar (if only vaguely) to the Datron D5.

i don't see any videos of it performing, only the demo video (which is a 3d rendering and not an actual film).

what sold you on even looking at it? how much have they told you the price was?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it looks like its a Zahn product, and the spec sheet says the puck size is 100mm. bit bigger than the 98mm puck that is normally used.

sure you won't be locked into zahn materials ?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
zahn is only a reseller i doubt they are the only people milling 100mm - Crystal Ultra is -

and almost all of the products we use come in 100mm sizes - the only thing is the person has to be competent enough to know how to tool a strategy for a puck with step or without step

L

le-ant

Reaction score
We ended up looking at it because it looks and feels extremely well made. It's a fully open system, so no worries there. If we go for it we'll probably go for the compete system, scanner,sintering furnace etc. It is more expensive than the Roland however, but it really is in a different league. The cost of the milling machine is around £48000.

Top Bottom