ZFX Ultramill?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Has anyone seen one of these or heard of it? I looks like a pretty good machine? We are considering buying a big machine for implant bars and abutments.

The machine is here on the link page 17, it's not the DMG mill it's the one next to it.

http://www.zfx-dental.com/en/download/file/fid/2456

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Dude , it looks badass !!! How much is it ?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Dude , it looks badass !!! How much is it ?

I don't man that's what I am trying to figure out? I think the DMG's are around 250k? So I would imagine this one would be 150 to 200k?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I think this one is from a Swiss company , but I don't recall the name . My guess would have been over 200 k.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I like the looks of these cad bases :) oh yeah the machine looks sexy too.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Looks like it might be a mini Sauer product,..I'm stumped,...hmmm

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I really like the look of the ZFX Ultramill. It's hard to really find anything on it though.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I really like the look of the ZFX Ultramill. It's hard to really find anything on it though.

Asked for a quote about two years ago...took them close to six months to reply...

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
No.

Not going to mill any bars or One-piece abutments on that machine.

A DMG is well over $500k Tyler.

The cheapest way to get into milling bars and abutments is a HAAS.

Otherwise, you need around $250-$300 for a Datron, or even more for the rest of the mills.

But, I'm sure you will buy some little toy that is going to make you mad in the end.

zfx wants to mill your abutments and bars. They would never support you doing this.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Well with the help of a friend on here,this is the machine to go for.

Linear scales, 11kw spindle, the whole works. I love it, it is bad ass.

http://www.mfgnewsweb.com/archives/...-Vertical-Center-Nexus-Compact-at-MDandM.aspx

That mill you mentioned has too slow of a spindle, CAT 40 Tool holder is retarded too big...., has either a 20hp or 40hp spindle option, and is for tools the size of your arm....NOT Dental tools. Seems like a very poor choice IMO.
??

Primacon was well over $600k for the quote I received Tyler to mill bars and abutments. Still you are going to be stuck with 98mm disks unless you know someone to modify your CAM and mill fixturing system. Did you find a good source for 98mm Ti yet? I never did.

Glidwell, BioHorizons, CMC, Me, and many others know the HAAS is the correct choice if you live in USA.

Otherwise, you will pay 2x-5x the cost for same preformance out of a foreign made mill.

I suggest 30,000rpm minimum, and much smaller tool-holders/spindle.

5hp is plenty!! You don't even really need that.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Tyler, let me know and I can give you the name of a buddy of mine that had a custom mill manufactured for him. It's a beast;)

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I think the larger mills is what is needed for cutting Ti. You don't have to re calibrate every month because you're pushing the machine too much. The only thing that can happen is that you may break the tool. Then all you have to do is reconfigure the tool. Much easier to cut Ti on a larger machine if you're going to spend the money.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I think the larger mills is what is needed for cutting Ti. You don't have to re calibrate every month because you're pushing the machine too much. The only thing that can happen is that you may break the tool. Then all you have to do is reconfigure the tool. Much easier to cut Ti on a larger machine if you're going to spend the money.

Kent, you guys have a DT1 correct? What is the max spindle RPM's on it?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Ok cool, I am looking into the Mazak and I can upgrade the spindle to a 20k RPM.