Zenotec Select & Mini tips and tricks

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I don't own a Wieland mill but my friend does and I told him about my camming tech, and he now does it and loves it.

My Zr mill settings Diameter of node (sprue) 1.7mm with a 6% opening angle

I only sprue on the lingual of all my crowns or the bucal corners.

cAM3.JPG

Here is a cam layout from a previous night run I did from 1-27-2015.
cAMLAYOUT.JPG

Critical to make sure that you have enough wall thickness to get your sprues attatched to.

My wax mill settings are 1.7mm Node with 10% opening angle. I only use two sprues on my wax and the pop right out of the disk without having to remove the disk. I mainly cut in 10mm so I leave the disk in the mill and pop the units out after each run then immediately start the next cam and have rarely any down time.

CAM 1.JPG
Here was tonight night run in wax.
cAM 2.JPG
All surfaces are clean and smooth, give it a shot but start out small then get braver but certain ZR units will require triangular set sprues just because of their mass, On my bridges you can see in the second image I have NO sprues on the bucal so the contours are never compromised and it helps out in mill time cause the burr doesn't have to lift up and over the sprues.

To sprue the units this was is super fast and easy takes me roughly a 45 seconds to sprue a large night run.

Attachments

• cAM3.JPG
    cAM3.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 14
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Seven your nuts :) I'll slap a bar on the facial any time :) My ass doesn't pucker when I check a job when I do it my way but walking to the mill and seeing a crown on the floor of the mill makes me more than pissed.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Seven your nuts :) I'll slap a bar on the facial any time :) My ass doesn't pucker when I check a job when I do it my way but walking to the mill and seeing a crown on the floor of the mill makes me more than pissed.

I completely agree but that really only happens when the burs are on their last leg. Only on zr as well, never had a wax fall out yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk