Your review of PTC dental courses

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
After 52 yrs. in fixed and digital, covid may make it to hard to survive. I believe it's time to explore removable. I don't think it will be too difficult,but the devil is in the details.looking at PTC dental or applying to one of the corporate denture offices

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, why do you think Covid is making it hard to survive? Most labs I know are swamped, including mine. With deleting virtually two months of our year, people's mouths didn't take that time out at all. Most my Docs are booking into spring as the next available appointment. I imagine if your fixed, you've dabbled quite a bit into digital as well is why I ask. Plus, a lot of older techs used Covid as an excuse to close up shop and retire. As for PTC, I do both removables and fixed but only used PTC for newbies in fixed which was very beneficial. Therefore I'd probably give it a try for removables if and when the opportunity presents itself. Let us know how it goes.

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
My favorite Marine, glad to here you weren't affected by covid. I learned from one of my medical Dr's yesterday that after a meeting with 10 of the largest hospital's, is that interstate travel won't improve for 2 to 4 years. This area is one the nations largest attractions based destinations. Dentist closing or excepting only emergency patients. The labs I worked for one is doing primarily removable, the other closed because they were Canadian and the border is closed. 95 percent of dental tech position s are for removable. The governor has opened everything, closing is much worse, we have reached a point and can't afford unemployment.
Although I'm at a high risk for Covid-19, my introverted personality seems to be working 😁

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
My favorite Marine, glad to here you weren't affected by covid. I learned from one of my medical Dr's yesterday that after a meeting with 10 of the largest hospital's, is that interstate travel won't improve for 2 to 4 years. This area is one the nations largest attractions based destinations. Dentist closing or excepting only emergency patients. The labs I worked for one is doing primarily removable, the other closed because they were Canadian and the border is closed. 95 percent of dental tech position s are for removable. The governor has opened everything, closing is much worse, we have reached a point and can't afford unemployment.
Although I'm at a high risk for Covid-19, my introverted personality seems to be working 😁
Thanks, and will you tell my Wife, she doesn't like that drill instructor voice for some reason...lol.

As for your answer about being busy, thank you for taking to time to help us all understand. I gotta ask though if moving is out of the question? As for me personally, I enjoy setting the teeth up, a lot goes into making it unique, aesthetic, and function properly. As for all the investing, setting the case up, devesting and polishing is not my cup of tea but if you want to do it, you can and will. Just my introverted opinion ;)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'd commented to someone I did social distancing before it was cool.
You need to tell them the tax man story...that had me rolling!!!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Wait, do you mean the Deputy Fire Marshal? That guy was a schlemiel
The time the tax man came because your neighbor said you were living in your lab.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The time the tax man came because your neighbor said you were living in your lab.
Yeah, that was deputy dog. Oh man, that'll take me 45 minutes to type. Phone call story only.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Short version, because I work so much a neighbor called the police and said I was squatting. My pizza box i the trash that said "Call, my work" was evidence of domestic life. And the solar yard lights. He didn't understand that it gets dark for businesses at sundown too.

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Thanks, and will you tell my Wife, she doesn't like that drill instructor voice for some reason...lol.

As for your answer about being busy, thank you for taking to time to help us all understand. I gotta ask though if moving is out of the question? As for me personally, I enjoy setting the teeth up, a lot goes into making it unique, aesthetic, and function properly. As for all the investing, setting the case up, devesting and polishing is not my cup of tea but if you want to do it, you can and will. Just my introverted opinion ;)
I agree about the set-up,and preliminary can't say I love it but always had to do it to get the product to a level I could sell.
I'll go home tonight and start the ball rolling. My dead father will roll in his grave. One of the biggest argument we had when I told him I was going to do fixed and he wanted me to do Dentures.
Moving 🤮 it's hard to beat Florida for dentures no end of old people excuse me museum quality.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I agree about the set-up,and preliminary can't say I love it but always had to do it to get the product to a level I could sell.
I'll go home tonight and start the ball rolling. My dead father will roll in his grave. One of the biggest argument we had when I told him I was going to do fixed and he wanted me to do Dentures.
Moving 🤮 it's hard to beat Florida for dentures no end of old people excuse me museum quality.
I hope you have a Birthday today!