You just can't trust some of them

K

Kiper Lee

Reaction score
What if patients knew the essential price came from the lab? Did it be forbidden in dental practice? Hmmmm2

Well, we can't afford to lose our doctor, so I assumed we cannot be the one who informed the patients paying the unfair price or let our doctor know the teller.

And for real, how many of them do care about the price resell to the third party? As long as they are profitable and doctors are happy to order. Some of them might even say no it's a fair added up price because this is how the market system works.

But I still believe someday this will be overthrow.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Patients know the lab fee in Canada. They have a choice here.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
His a$$ is getting sued.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Patients know the lab fee in Canada. They have a choice here.
They can find out the lab fee, what we need now is the justification behind the hike in price going from lab to patient. I know their time is valuable but the markup is insane, especially on products they need to do little to finish the case (Speaking primarily on the Ortho side)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
They can find out the lab fee, what we need now is the justification behind the hike in price going from lab to patient. I know their time is valuable but the markup is insane, especially on products they need to do little to finish the case (Speaking primarily on the Ortho side)
I thought marking up the lab fee was illegal . I'm sure it is in Que too.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
I thought marking up the lab fee was illegal . I'm sure it is in Que too.
I meant what is charged to the patient, I assume the difference is billed as their time but its still wild.

I had a friend get a nightguard made, our lab bill is around 200$, ended up costing them nearly 900$ One impression and 5min of adjustment on insertion.

doug

doug

Reaction score
You know, Crowns are not like car parts. My dad was a parts dept manager for VW for years. A part comes in at price X and will be sold at up to six different prices depending on who's buying it, oftem 5 times the cost. BTW the Axle on some Porsche models are exactly the same as on a Volkswagen bus. Price to consume was 3 times more, because it is a Porsche part. If labs weren't so busy trying to compete with JG or undercutting their other local labs by 5 busck we wouldn't have this issue.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I meant what is charged to the patient, I assume the difference is billed as their time but its still wild.

I had a friend get a nightguard made, our lab bill is around 200$, ended up costing them nearly 900$ One impression and 5min of adjustment on insertion.
Yes, their time and expenses are theirs cover however marking up the lab bill is a conflict of interest. I would think a fee adjusting any appliance would be justified.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I don't care what the Dentist charges...not my arena or circus. Why you ask?...because I didn't finish dental school, didn't have those crazy high student loans and all that responsibility. In addition, I don't have to constitute every little thing I do to some insurance hack or even barter for shltty insurance rates. My business makes what it needs to be profitable and grow, that may vary slightly monetarily amongst other labs but I don't compare it to a whole different business model like a Dental Office. Maybe i'm just weird?

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
You know, Crowns are not like car parts. My dad was a parts dept manager for VW for years. A part comes in at price X and will be sold at up to six different prices depending on who's buying it, oftem 5 times the cost. BTW the Axle on some Porsche models are exactly the same as on a Volkswagen bus. Price to consume was 3 times more, because it is a Porsche part. If labs weren't so busy trying to compete with JG or undercutting their other local labs by 5 busck we wouldn't have this issue.
Totally agree, it is brutal how much the prices have been driven down through lab to lab undercutting, and especially with smaller labs the doctors have a lot of power when denying price increases, I think especially with the shift to digital its become more apparent that the specialization that a lab has is worth paying the extra price.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Totally agree, it is brutal how much the prices have been driven down through lab to lab undercutting, and especially with smaller labs the doctors have a lot of power when denying price increases, I think especially with the shift to digital its become more apparent that the specialization that a lab has is worth paying the extra price.
Small dental offices are experiencing the same thing as small labs. The smart ones know their target clientele.