YOU can actively help COVID-19 response

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Many states have Medical Reserve Units. Volunteers that get general and specific training. In Virginia the Medical Reserve uses the Virginia Volunteer Health Service as a pool of willing indiviuals to assist in anything from staffing a call bank to direct patient care depending on your training and skillset. Active licensing is not required.

If you are willing, your state likely has a similar group. If not, ask your hospital how you can help.

Be sane. If you are older, immunocompromised, or go home to one that is, don't risk them or yourself.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Our hospital isn’t using their volunteers right now, but it might be that most of them are elderly or high school kids that they don’t want to risk having exposed.

doug

doug

Reaction score
My wife had a total hip replacement on 3/10. She iis making phenomenal progress, she was walking without the need for a walker or cane 9 days after surgery. Physical theraphy has done wonders. We got a call yesterday that a patient(I remember the guy) who was in the office at the same time as us has Covid-19. This rat bastard came into the office and coughed directly onto the receptionist. That's the only cough he had. My wife was already in the back for theraphy and I was at the other end of the room, at least 14 feet away. We were told that my wife has to stay away until 4/9 to avoid the possibility of passing anything to other patients. The entire ****ing staff is still working, includung the receptionist who was coughed on by this guy. Where is the line drawn for these decisions? I will be calling our insurance to make sure that they don't pay for unreceived treatment. BTW, they didn't offer any antibiotic options so that if she does get it she can avoid any secondary infection that might impact her hip during healing.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
My wife had a total hip replacement on 3/10. She iis making phenomenal progress, she was walking without the need for a walker or cane 9 days after surgery. Physical theraphy has done wonders. We got a call yesterday that a patient(I remember the guy) who was in the office at the same time as us has Covid-19. This rat bastard came into the office and coughed directly onto the receptionist. That's the only cough he had. My wife was already in the back for theraphy and I was at the other end of the room, at least 14 feet away. We were told that my wife has to stay away until 4/9 to avoid the possibility of passing anything to other patients. The entire ****ing staff is still working, includung the receptionist who was coughed on by this guy. Where is the line drawn for these decisions? I will be calling our insurance to make sure that they don't pay for unreceived treatment. BTW, they didn't offer any antibiotic options so that if she does get it she can avoid any secondary infection that might impact her hip during healing.
Amazing Mrs and I will be praying for you and her.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
We will be keeping you both in our prayers as well.

Top Bottom