Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Chinese propagandist.
lwaP6Kd.gif

user name

user name

Reaction score
Nice, you did know that a majority if your zirconias are either manufactured in China or are manufactured with Chinese powder, and what you said is shameful and I would consider a racist comment
I dont care. Your first post, you havent bothered to introduce yourself, you just say this Chinese product is better. When I did work for the VA we couldnt have used it...because its Chinese.

J

Jeremiah Jelte

Reaction score
Not because it's Chinese because it's not American, there is a difference, and it had nothing to do with the quality of the material

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
rolands are made in japan, arum versamill are made in korea, every tv ever is made in taiwan, not sure why you'd dig so harshly against anyone just for liking materials from overseas. you want to dig on chinese labs be my guest but the material itself? i don't understand. practically everything Zahn sells comes from overseas.

Jeremiah i hope you don't get the wrong impression from UserName, he's a self-admitted knower of falsities. it may be hard to interpret through the internet cracks but maybe his derogatory inferences are compliments in disguise. then again it may in fact be xenophobia. lets let him dig a little more before trying to draw the two points into a line.

just for reference though, according to the google machine the world's largest zircon mine is in South Australia the mine is called Jacinth-Ambrosia and the mining company is called Iluka producing over 1000 tonnes per day, and Australia's largest trading partner is China. so if you want to split hairs there is a high chance that the material comes from Australia, is processed and packaged in China, Rebranded for distribution in Japan and sold all over the world. second to this is possibly in Western Australia by another company called Diatreme Resources who have declared that they think there may be as much as 98 million tonnes ready to extract (circa 2013 see https://web.archive.org/web/2013111...rs/2010/SEG-Newsletter-80-2010-January-ES.pdf ) but who have been funded by - well, lets see if you can guess... - https://ca.proactiveinvestors.com/c...funding-for-cyclone-zircon-project-62451.html

user name

user name

Reaction score
My only real prejudice is against fat people and Communism. We've discussed elsewhere on her about dental crowns from China containing toxic levels of lead, but of coarse theres the toothpaste with diethylene glycol, poison dog treats, etc.
Like I said...when I did Govt work for our service members, we couldnt use Chinese products. I dont now whenever possible by my choice. I havent attacked overseas anything. Just China. Personally, I really like most things Japanese and South Korean; the food, style and people. Im not big on the dog eaters though.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
chinese pfm's maybe, but i doubt very much the zircon would contain lead.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
@Jeremiah Jelte a cursory googling shows hits in the Utah Valley area, is that current info or have i overstepped my bounds?

J

Jeremiah Jelte

Reaction score
My only real prejudice is against fat people and Communism. We've discussed elsewhere on her about dental crowns from China containing toxic levels of lead, but of coarse theres the toothpaste with diethylene glycol, poison dog treats, etc.
Like I said...when I did Govt work for our service members, we couldnt use Chinese products. I dont now whenever possible by my choice. I havent attacked overseas anything. Just China. Personally, I really like most things Japanese and South Korean; the food, style and people. Im not big on the dog eaters though.
Don't let a few bad apples ruin the whole bushel for you, there are bad people everywhere that will do anything to make a buck, those people tend to Ron people's views of each other

J

Jeremiah Jelte

Reaction score
rolands are made in japan, arum versamill are made in korea, every tv ever is made in taiwan, not sure why you'd dig so harshly against anyone just for liking materials from overseas. you want to dig on chinese labs be my guest but the material itself? i don't understand. practically everything Zahn sells comes from overseas.

Jeremiah i hope you don't get the wrong impression from UserName, he's a self-admitted knower of falsities. it may be hard to interpret through the internet cracks but maybe his derogatory inferences are compliments in disguise. then again it may in fact be xenophobia. lets let him dig a little more before trying to draw the two points into a line.

just for reference though, according to the google machine the world's largest zircon mine is in South Australia the mine is called Jacinth-Ambrosia and the mining company is called Iluka producing over 1000 tonnes per day, and Australia's largest trading partner is China. so if you want to split hairs there is a high chance that the material comes from Australia, is processed and packaged in China, Rebranded for distribution in Japan and sold all over the world. second to this is possibly in Western Australia by another company called Diatreme Resources who have declared that they think there may be as much as 98 million tonnes ready to extract (circa 2013 see https://web.archive.org/web/2013111...rs/2010/SEG-Newsletter-80-2010-January-ES.pdf ) but who have been funded by - well, lets see if you can guess... - https://ca.proactiveinvestors.com/c...funding-for-cyclone-zircon-project-62451.html
The largest mine of zirconia is in Australia but not the largest manufacturer of zirconia powder

J

Jeremiah Jelte

Reaction score

Upcera is owned by sinocera and they own their own mines in China and produce powder purchased by many zirconia manufacturers

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget the dog food with melamine from China. Good stuff.

N

neha

Reaction score
As everyone has stated it has to do with the mole % of yttria. We add yttria to increase translucency by allowing the zirconia crystal to be stable in the cubic phase at room temperature, this increases the translucency. Generally speaking 3y is 100% Tetragonal phase, 4y is 75% tetragonal and 25% cubic, and 5y is about 50/50.

We also have to think about strength between these different y's. 3y is ~ 1100+MPa, 4y ~ 750-850MPa, and 5y ~ 550-650MPa. This is due to the loss of transformation toughening. Tetragonal phase zirconia when damaged goes through a phase transformation back to it's monoclinic phase crystal. When it does this it increases in volume by about 2.5%, this compresses the crack and stops it from propagating. Cubic phase crystals do not go through this phase transformation, thus allowing the crack to propagate through the restoration. This is why you see much lower flexural strength and fracture toughness values as the mole % increases.
Hi, if we have to use a ceramic for bruxism patient...which one would be better choice? Y3 or Y5 zirconia?

N

neha

Reaction score
I'm working in a zirconia material factory, I would explain to you. 3Y means 3mol% yttrium stabilized zirconia, the translucency of 3Y powder is around 41%-43% for dental application, 4Y & 5Ymeans 4mol% &5mol%. The translucency of 4Y powder is around 45%, and around 50% of 5Y powder. The higher translucency of the powder, the better the aesthetic effect. But the sintered body of 3Y powder has higher flexrual strength around 1200MPA, 4Y around 1000MPa, 5Y around 800Mpa. ;)
for bruxism patient, we would use a Y3 or Y5?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hi, if we have to use a ceramic for bruxism patient...which one would be better choice? Y3 or Y5 zirconia?
I would use a 3y material, higher flexural strength, higher fracture toughness.

Having said that, my first choice for a bruxism patient would be Type III gold.