WTH Screw retain prob

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Please help!! I've got a 6 unit screw retained case. Using NT trading Ti Base. implants are Implant direct interactive. Called supplier of ti base to make sure I order right parts. Bought "F810" which is Nobel active 4.3/5.0 RP and "F800" which is Nobel Active 3.5 NP.
So I scan case with NT F scan bodies, design and mill out of wax just to check. They are all twisted!!??!! I rescanned just to double check, remilled 2 units and still twisted !! What the heck is going on??
See pics.
I marked a line on the model by each (except one or two) analog showing the direction where the square shape of scan body faced. You can compare that to the screen shot of scan bodies. Mort parts package.jpg NT F BASE.jpg Mort model.jpg mort twisted wax crns.jpg Mort NT Trading twist.png

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Leave it to the pros Laugh

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Wrong orientation scan marker to replace geometry !!! mistake in your library or they changed orientation ( FDA ??!!) or home brewed ??
Schirmfoto_2017-03-07_121124.jpg Schirmfoto_2017-03-07_121231.jpg

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I would send the library to NT to check thats a big mistake.!! And by the way take care of your scan markers handle them like a new girl they are within 3 my replace accuracy.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
what about retention? I know the tab is tiny but it does help
?
tab only helps with orientation, not retention
you may have marked the sites wrong.. get the dme. straight from nt site?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
sorry riley, couldnt resist. Make sure you have the updated library from NT. They changed they library awhile ago. Show which one you have installed.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
sorry riley, couldnt resist. Make sure you have the updated library from NT. They changed they library awhile ago. Show which one you have installed.
How do I find that info?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have seen this happen when you set up the order and scan then realize that you picked the wrong library or implant diameter and then used the "Switch implant" inside the design program. I think its a glitch associated with scan locator to design library. Would be great if ALL scan locators were keyed to a single coordinate.

If you are milling your own stuff in house get the NT DME and not Argens. Not saying there is anything wrong with theirs just eliminating a variable.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
yes! hence my original post about the 3Shape Scan Body. My hope is that ALL the DME's will align to the same coordinates (specifically 3 Shape coords)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How do I find that info?
Well where did you get your scan markers and library? Lets start there. What version is the .dme?

edit: now I see what John means, this is the argen library. Something tells me they probably have their 'own' library, meaning that it is different from the original NT trading. Download the one from the NT site and try it.

Monkey w/ a tourch

Monkey w/ a tourch

Reaction score
are screw retained crows in that library call Hybrid? In our library NT tradings are Tib (ti-base)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Well where did you get your scan markers and library? Lets start there. What version is the .dme?

edit: now I see what John means, this is the argen library. Something tells me they probably have their 'own' library, meaning that it is different from the original NT trading. Download the one from the NT site and try it.
So Argen called me back and it's because I started the case as a hybrid, zr with Ti base, then realised my mistake when designing and changed it to screw retained. That apparently is a big no-no as 3shape doesn't change it...er something

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
well like I said... :p

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
This bleeping case just ate a bajillion cad points.

Top Bottom