Worst Denture Repair thread

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
The other thread about disinfecting nasty repairs made me think about the nastiest denture repair I’ve ever had. I’m sure everyone has that one case that was worse then all the others so share the story here. Hopefully you have pictures to go with it.

This case came in about 8 years ago now.

Patient comes in for a reline because his denture doesn’t fit as good as it use to.

Now rewind a little over two years.

Two years before the doctor did a chairside soft reline on his denture. The patient claimed that his denture fit so good after the reline he never took it out for over two years! But it had got loose and come out so he thought it was time for another reline.

Here is what it looked like when we got it. The doctor wanted us to grind it out and get it ready for a new reline. Said the material would gum up his burs. Lol, yea right.

0b22954a6b0f53df541fb4ad545fcba4.jpg

There’s my worst denture repair story what’s yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I had to stop looking at that denture, lol. I bet the bacteria is gagging.

I think this thread is going to remind me why I don't have an interest in doing removable work.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Can I bring my green bologna reline story to this thread?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Reline on a 40 year old denture. It had at least 5 or 6 of the drug/grocery store 'Reline-It' kits used since it was made. All incomplete in coverage. Between each layer was a layer just as thick if not thicker than the reline-it kit stuff of solidified halitosis.
That was so bad I acually opened both lab windows in February.

The remaining acrylic from the original manufacture was so thin after getting all the gunk junk and funk out and chasing the bubbles from the orig processing that I could read through it without any problems.

Doc didn't want a rebase. basically got one anyway. Less than .4mm thick, with multiple blowthroughs from chasing bubbles.
AhhhhhVroam:Call:BeerCheersVollkommenauf Vollkommenauf Puke

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I should've NOT open this thread while sipping a beer...PukePukePuke

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Reline on a 40 year old denture. It had at least 5 or 6 of the drug/grocery store 'Reline-It' kits used since it was made. All incomplete in coverage. Between each layer was a layer just as thick if not thicker than the reline-it kit stuff of solidified halitosis.
That was so bad I acually opened both lab windows in February.

The remaining acrylic from the original manufacture was so thin after getting all the gunk junk and funk out and chasing the bubbles from the orig processing that I could read through it without any problems.

Doc didn't want a rebase. basically got one anyway. Less than .4mm thick, with multiple blowthroughs from chasing bubbles.
AhhhhhVroam:Call:BeerCheersVollkommenauf Vollkommenauf Puke
That reminds me of a reline we got in a few months ago. It was full of porosity so I called the Dr to see if we could rebase it instead, got the go ahead. As I was removing the acrylic I noticed a tiny black spot above a first molar, as I was grinding that spot grew into an area about the size of a pencil eraser filled with brown goo that just smelled wonderful. I imagine the patients family was glad she didn’t have that horrible breath anymore and she was happy to have that nasty taste out of her mouth.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
The other thread about disinfecting nasty repairs made me think about the nastiest denture repair I’ve ever had. I’m sure everyone has that one case that was worse then all the others so share the story here. Hopefully you have pictures to go with it.

This case came in about 8 years ago now.

Patient comes in for a reline because his denture doesn’t fit as good as it use to.

Now rewind a little over two years.

Two years before the doctor did a chairside soft reline on his denture. The patient claimed that his denture fit so good after the reline he never took it out for over two years! But it had got loose and come out so he thought it was time for another reline.

Here is what it looked like when we got it. The doctor wanted us to grind it out and get it ready for a new reline. Said the material would gum up his burs. Lol, yea right.

0b22954a6b0f53df541fb4ad545fcba4.jpg

There’s my worst denture repair story what’s yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could you just imagine kissing that person!?!?

MikeyDue

MikeyDue

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna be a regular on this thread. We get nasty repairs all the time. That's build up on the tissue bearing surface filling the space left by bone and tissue resorption after the immediate extractions. 20160616_114620.jpg

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna be a regular on this thread. We get nasty repairs all the time. That's build up on the tissue bearing surface filling the space left by bone and tissue resorption after the immediate extractions. View attachment 28956
Yum!!!

MikeyDue

MikeyDue

Reaction score
For some reason I was expecting a T800 foot to come down on that. Good job setting the background?
That was my bench when I was servicing 60 accounts with no help. 18 hour days. Sleeping on the floor in the lab. Loosing my mind on a regular basis.