Woah! How do I design this one?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I appreciate all input. It makes us all better. My experience with the ACS system clinically is that it leaves a very large opening depending on the angle, and getting the correct torque is difficult. If the screw head strips it’s a nightmare. I prefer a small opening and the proper thickness of porcelain. It also doesn’t correct mesial distal minagulations. The path of insertion is dictated by the adjacent teeth I’m not sure how you would handle that.
I would have liked to have done some stuff for you. Angled screw channel doesnt mean bigger hole; same size as it would have been if it were a straight shot. There does need to be an internal path that allows the insertion of the screw so it can get around the corner, but thats not seen. If something goes wrong, stripped or otherwise, there shouldnt be any more issue than with a straight shot, again. Ive found the new screws and drivers to engage well.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
JMN was right. It is a UCLA.
No disrespect, but many old timer tech has been using castings that carry a set screw with custom thread, etc for a while.
Friadent's abutment comes pre-threaded as a standard feature, and you can just order the Horiz or Transverse screw set
including the screw seat, etc.
Still glad you are willing to share your technique. How high a torque/preload can you deliver with your system, if I may ask?
Need special torque wrench and driver?
LCM

DrWalterKulick

DrWalterKulick

Reaction score
I would have liked to have done some stuff for you. Angled screw channel doesnt mean bigger hole; same size as it would have been if it were a straight shot. There does need to be an internal path that allows the insertion of the screw so it can get around the corner, but thats not seen. If something goes wrong, stripped or otherwise, there shouldnt be any more issue than with a straight shot, again. Ive found the new screws and drivers to engage well.
I don’t know how you would handle mesially inclined or distal inclined implant. I would like to see some pictures if you have some. Also how would you handle a multiunit case with misangled implants in various angles?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how you would handle mesially inclined or distal inclined implant. I would like to see some pictures if you have some. Also how would you handle a multiunit case with misangled implants in various angles?
It's done every day. We whine, but a placement doc that is interested in the restoration more than his fee is highly prized and unusual.

Here you can start to see why lab techs look at the average dentists a children
given a McLaren. Lots of power, little understanding of the results and repercussions.

And why when we have a doc that does good and asks questikns we will quite literally fight over them.

eidt: I am sick and on movile, so pleae overlook the spekking issues.
edit again :Doc, I'm not being mean at all, just my standard too honest. That you developed a solution to poor implant placemsnt is fantastic. And I'd shake yiu hand and take off my hat for it and to you. I just think we should stop fixing stuff thst is preventable and didnt' nedd to happen in the first place. Like all the pt you've seen with preventable carries and cavities. Why fix what can be prevented.

A great solution takes backset to doing it right from the start. There are issues with conginitally abnormal cortical plates and such, but those should be discussed, not glossed over.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Taks a look here for a job well done with a tv in the operatory while placing implants.