'Wieland Zenotec Update'...,worth doing ?

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Iv'e just had a 'new update available' window show up today in my milling software (Jan 31,2018) Anyone done the update ? Thanks for info in advance .

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What version? I'm on 6.10.31 beta, and was told by wpt support to stay there. Newest update shows 6.16.29. This is for the advanced cam.
I guess for them and me, if it's not broke, don't fix it?

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Well after not hearing back yesterday on the Forum ,I decided to go ahead and live dangerously , crossed my fingers ,closed my eyes and clicked the update button .So now i'm on V6.16.29 . Milled a bunch of stuff this morning , everything looks okay . (started reading the update notes but my ADD kicked in after 10 secs). I'll let you know any changes I see :)
TaJdInRk.jpg

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Right off the bat ,when you turn the machine on it starts the milling process a lot faster .No more 'click okay if the collet is empty and then again' .........wtf of course it's empty !!!!! it's always empty !!!! lol :mad:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Well after not hearing back yesterday on the Forum ,I decided to go ahead and live dangerously , crossed my fingers ,closed my eyes and clicked the update button .So now i'm on V6.16.29 . Milled a bunch of stuff this morning , everything looks okay . (started reading the update notes but my ADD kicked in after 10 secs). I'll let you know any changes I see :)
View attachment 29004

I'm sure it's ok. They probably think if someone isn't having an issue that's updated related, to just tell them not to, to avoid any other support calls?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Right off the bat ,when you turn the machine on it starts the milling process a lot faster .No more 'click okay if the collet is empty and then again' .........wtf of course it's empty !!!!! it's always empty !!!! lol :mad:

lol...that was one of the first things I asked them, why is it asking me those 2 questions, they just said, oh well :rolleyes:

It may be worth updating just for that initial run when it asks you to open and confirm collett.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I'm sure it's ok. They probably think if someone isn't having an issue that's updated related, to just tell them not to, to avoid any other support calls?
"I know huh ! " ........It's almost like talking to us isn't the highlight of their day .:rolleyes:

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
lol...that was one of the first things I asked them, why is it asking me those 2 questions, they just said, oh well :rolleyes:

It may be worth updating just for that initial run when it asks you to open and confirm collett.
Wait a few days before you update , I might be on tomorrow with a new thread ...... "WHY ARE ALL MY CROWNS INSIDE OUT AFTER MILLING "

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Wait a few days before you update , I might be on tomorrow with a new thread ...... "WHY ARE ALL MY CROWNS INSIDE OUT AFTER MILLING "

Good, it will give you an excuse to call our beloved support to be the highlight of their day :D

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Now my head hurts trying to imagine an inside out crown.