Wieland Select

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@sidesh0wb0b yeah i hear ya.

@Car 54 i mean LOL - jesus what a load of ****. Firstly, the led strip can be removed and tested for the draw and you could buy one of equal draw. #2, i would be worried as **** if the minimal LED draw to an LED strip in fluctuation would cause the mill system to malfunction. That's like Audi telling me that using the cup holders for american sized drinks (which they are not built for) will cause engine failure.

but probably not worth the effort..... unless you owned like 10 of these puppies and you wanted it to glow Red for evil. Or bruxzir

And granted, the person I talked to was with tech support, and not equipment repairs. He was probably just saying what needed to be said
so they don't have to deal with follow up support phone calls of someone who didn't know what they were doing, and tried to replace the light strip
with a 75 watt light bulb.

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help, my Select started under milling only the occlusal sides of all materials (zi, wax, pmma). Almost looks like the 1mm bur doesn't really mill it at all. Calibrated and didn't help. WPT suggested replacing collet and calibrating. Worked for a little bit then started again. It started becoming sporadic doing this. Like a couple would be fine and then one in the same batch would be under milled. If I see it before removing the disc I can re-mill over top it cleans it up. Thought (hoped) it fixed itself. Over a week its been fine, but just milled 7 zi singles and it happened to everyone. Mill is pretty clean and I clean collet regularly.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help, my Select started under milling only the occlusal sides of all materials (zi, wax, pmma). Almost looks like the 1mm bur doesn't really mill it at all. Calibrated and didn't help. WPT suggested replacing collet and calibrating. Worked for a little bit then started again. It started becoming sporadic doing this. Like a couple would be fine and then one in the same batch would be under milled. If I see it before removing the disc I can re-mill over top it cleans it up. Thought (hoped) it fixed itself. Over a week its been fine, but just milled 7 zi singles and it happened to everyone. Mill is pretty clean and I clean collet regularly.

I'd call WPT again and let them know the results. They should be able to troubleshoot a little more, but may eventually send you over to Equipment Repair for a little more in depth troubleshooting.