Wieland Select

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I believe Ivoclar offers re-built spindles for about 1/2 the price, with a full warranty. We're you able to get in on that?
They have a pretty nice plan out now get a hybrid select for 45k you get 4 free spindles 2 per year, and if the machine for any reason goes down you send you units to Michigan facility and they mill them for free until your mill is back up within a few days. White glove delivery and install. Every two years you get the newer mill released, but once wmyiu decide not to get a new mill in two years the put the 15k they took off the price back on and you finish paying it off. Great for so.e one that want to have the newest mill every two years and doesn't mind paying 1600 a month till the end of time. Lol not for every lab though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I give them credit, it sounds like they're trying to be competitive. They know they need to offer some incentive and the customer service to back it up.

In the case of my mini, it was a demo model that they sold to me ~$7,000.00 off the list price, with a 1 year warranty and no financing charge. My sales rep said he hardly ever sees that type of offer come up, so in my case it was the matter of being in right place at the right time. Then 6 months later, they offed everyone (Mini users, Select comes with Advanced?) a 4th quarter promotion of upgrading from the Basic software to the Advanced for ~1/2 price.

I know they don't make a lot of money on equipment compared to consumables, but I guess it helps to keep their name out there, and a loyalty
that hopefully when they come out with new products, like a improved line of Zenostar, (compared to just re-naming it to coinside with emax),we'll try it out.
It has to be even harder now for Ivoclar with LiSi Press being out there.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Can you be more specific about the things you feel should have been adjusted on the 51d?
sure. the puck holder is the dumbest puck holder imagined. it works against gravity and constantly chips the lip on the pucks. theres no work around that i am aware of and its a challenge at best.
thats the main issue i have with it. the chamber is large inside which is easier for cleaning, but theres unused space that could have been minimized so that the vac could do a better job extracting the dust.
lastly, the tool holder is difficult to access for about half of the tools. and would be worse if i had bigger hands. theres no way to look inside it easily and guide the tools into their spaces without hitting the sides. its like operation blindfolded LOL.
minor quirk....LED light inside is in a poor place. you end up blocking the light with your hand as youre installing a puck.

these are all minor gripes, but fairly simple enough that the R&D design team should have caught and made adjustments to. IMHO of course. i dont get paid their big bucks to design these things.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
well for starters, understand that you are saying you want a bigger foot print but a smaller foot print.

given that this is one of the few mills out there with a 10 bur holder - you win some you lose some.

As cavernous as the space is on the inside, i believe the design has allotted our units to be remarkably clean considering how often they are use and how much they mill.

I agree on the holder, as chipping is also an issue for us, but even with our 6'5 CAM tech he seems to have no issues with putting the burs in etc etc.

Also, maybe we were abused before but the 51D holder is a far cry from the screw on clamp of the 50s lol.

not to mention, 30 degree milling angle and seemingly just a better built machine. Our DWX50's looked 5 years old within the first 90 days. The metal white washing machine look for the 51D has held up

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
The machine is will switch out and replace the burs for you. This will stop you from wearing the rubber piece that holds the burs in place. No need to try and pull the burs out yourself

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
well for starters, understand that you are saying you want a bigger foot print but a smaller foot print.

given that this is one of the few mills out there with a 10 bur holder - you win some you lose some.

As cavernous as the space is on the inside, i believe the design has allotted our units to be remarkably clean considering how often they are use and how much they mill.

I agree on the holder, as chipping is also an issue for us, but even with our 6'5 CAM tech he seems to have no issues with putting the burs in etc etc.

Also, maybe we were abused before but the 51D holder is a far cry from the screw on clamp of the 50s lol.

not to mention, 30 degree milling angle and seemingly just a better built machine. Our DWX50's looked 5 years old within the first 90 days. The metal white washing machine look for the 51D has held up
i dont disagree with anything you are saying. i said they were all minor concerns! LOL
the clamp is the real downside. the rest is subjective.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
i dont disagree with anything you are saying. i said they were all minor concerns! LOL
the clamp is the real downside. the rest is subjective.
I think Eye was saying you have fat fingers regarding the tool holder.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I think Eye was saying you have fat fingers regarding the tool holder.
yes, he def was.
i dont know what his tech lurch uses for installing the tools, but i promise you he is hitting the sides of the tool holder cylinders when placing some of the tools. especially in the 4,5,9,10 positions. there literally is no way to see back in there even if i had Trump hands and a shrunken head.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
NO! i did not say that. But our mills are also on high benches, so maybe that's why it's easier to see? I mean, not to play the stereotype, but maybe im asian and have small-ish fingers

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Do you NOT want to see what a mill is milling, get a Mini. That small window at the bottom with it's nightclub blue light. It would be nice to be able replace those lights with white ones. I'm sure there is a way, I've had the cover off before, and un-screwed the light bar, I just need to take a 2nd look to see if it could easily be done.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I pop the cover off my mini every couple of months. Clean it up good and pop it back on. It's due for that again now. I'll check the light bar out. I keep the internals vacuumed out so I have just a small amount when I remove the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, Jason :)

Do you grease the rails once in awhile? Mine seemed to be a liitle mucky looking, so I cleaned it off and used some of the spindle grease. Should I use something else? Or was that just muck on the rail, and they don't use grease?

Last edited:
eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
that lightbar can totally be swapped out. go rainbow imo.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Swapped out completely with a white one, or by changing out the LEDs inside? I'll give WPT a call.

edit: I called WPT and they said there wasn't a way to swap it out, and that trying to change out the LEDs (or whatever is used) or use a supplemental led strip could cause the electrical current for the mill to not be right, and cause issues, let alone void a warranty.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
NO! i did not say that. But our mills are also on high benches, so maybe that's why it's easier to see? I mean, not to play the stereotype, but maybe im asian and have small-ish fingers
LOL i was harassing you mostly hahaha
my mill isnt on a super tall bench, but no matter how i try to look inside it, there is no way to see the tool holders in the back positions. i can see where to put them, but not the actual cylinder that you put it into. and theres no way i can contort my body to get a better view.
that being said, its NOT a big deal. minor criticism at best. i havent ruined any tools putting them in and out, so no worries lol.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
@sidesh0wb0b yeah i hear ya.

@Car 54 i mean LOL - jesus what a load of ****. Firstly, the led strip can be removed and tested for the draw and you could buy one of equal draw. #2, i would be worried as **** if the minimal LED draw to an LED strip in fluctuation would cause the mill system to malfunction. That's like Audi telling me that using the cup holders for american sized drinks (which they are not built for) will cause engine failure.

but probably not worth the effort..... unless you owned like 10 of these puppies and you wanted it to glow Red for evil. Or bruxzir

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@sidesh0wb0b yeah i hear ya.

@Car 54 i mean LOL - jesus what a load of ****. Firstly, the led strip can be removed and tested for the draw and you could buy one of equal draw. #2, i would be worried as **** if the minimal LED draw to an LED strip in fluctuation would cause the mill system to malfunction. That's like Audi telling me that using the cup holders for american sized drinks (which they are not built for) will cause engine failure.

but probably not worth the effort..... unless you owned like 10 of these puppies and you wanted it to glow Red for evil. Or bruxzir

Come on eye, tell us what you really think :D. I'm sure you're right on every count, but unless it's you, zero-zero, JW, 2th, Sevan, CHL, rkm, sidebob, CRob, user name, JMN and 15 other people here I could probably mention, consider who you're talking to...me :)

This would probably be my result if I tried:

tumblr_ndjzz6hYqZ1qzr8nao1_500_zps6q2lja4b.gif

Last edited:
eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
if you know how to load a gif onto DLN, you are totally fine to swap out an LED strip.

#justsaying

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence :)