Wieland Select Hybrid (RFID Bypass)

D

dabelincoln

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Long time lurker but first time poster. I want to start using 3rd party blue blocks in my Wieland Select hybrid. Do any of you know how to bypass the RFID reader that is required for milling ceramics? I would need to buy the RFID tags directly from Ivoclar if I want to use 3rd party blocks but they are a couple bucks each and I think it's a ridiculous money grab. Anyone know a way around this?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Anyone know a way around this?
Where there's a will, there's a way ;)

For start I would get a cheapo RFID reader and find out what kind of tags do they use... then find a way to clone those, most tags are rewritable. They are prolly selling you unique numbers which are accepted only once by the mill.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
LOL! FOr wax I simply pull the tag off the old disk put it on the new disk then delete all the units out from that disk and re use. I get 3 to 4 uses then trash the label. Glueing it down is required after use 2 or 3. Same for PMMA, But Zr will only work if the shrinkage rate is the same. Otherwise if there is it is kept quite lol!

D

dabelincoln

Reaction score
I don't have an issue with wax, pmma, or zirconia. I'm asking specifically for their blue blocks. It won't let me re-use the RFID tags and it won't let me delete units from the blocks without it also deleting the block itself. But thanks for your input.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
I guess you could clone the sticker but depends on infos on sticker. I guess they are smart enough to make unique markers if they are not then get empty stickers and cheap read/write device and clone a brand new original sticker. That would I try....

Top Bottom