wieland mini special

L

labtek

Reaction score
John, Yes we do use differnt cycles for full arched than we use for small brides and single units. But the top temp is the same and dictated by the manufacturer, give or take 20 degrees. Big bridges are fired slower between 900 and top temp and we mirror the cool down rates.[/QUOTE
I don't want to get in the way of your deal. If you want to look into 5 axis milling we would be happy to provide you with some numbers and will share pros and cons of 4 and 5 axis. I believe we can do better with a Roland DWX50, CAM, duct collector and a Sintra from Shenpaz. All are industy proven to be highly accurate and reliable. We have also added CAP mill Stratergies for high def milling. We use a 0.3 MM tool to do the final anatomical detail. Also mill the most complex implant restorations. There are likely a thousand units if not more here in the US. I'm a user and also a distributor so my word is probably not enough. I'm sure there are dozens of users here that can pipe in and give you more input. Honestly, you can go through all the threads here on DLN and I don't think you will fine much negative stuff when it come to either the Roland mill of the Sintra furnace.
For suction I really have little knowledge of the cyclone. Anyone have one of these? When it comes to suction for milling Zi you need a collector that can manage large volume of waste. Look into how often this needs to be cleaned out. Also, does the motor have brushes or brushless?
When it comes to sintering, most overlook the importance of a qualty furnace. You should do your homework on this as well.
If you want more info you can reach out to us Monday AM at 877-977-7889. Hope this helps. Good luck either way.
Bob

What is your asking price for this set-up?
mill, suction and furnace?

what kind of air compressor and dryer is needed?

K

KIM

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Was wondering if this is a good deal ?

Wieland mini basic

Zenotec cyclone

Sintramat S1

All for $55k

McFly: I am not trying to hijack this thread so if you are interested in a new, fully open Jensen Preciso 4 axis Puck Mill w/CAM & PC, DEKEMA sintering furnace and training for $32,500, you can email me at [email protected]

L

labtek

Reaction score
Bob,

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob,

I normally don't quote prices, its best if you touch base with Sam at CAP (877-977-7889) but it's in the $50K range for the DWX 50, 5 axis mill, sintra sintering furnace suction and CAM, training and support. 2 yr warranty. In addition, tax code 179 will enable you to write off about $8k for this years taxes.
The compressor and dryer are no big deal. You may have adequate air with your current compressor. It should be dry and clean air. If you don't have this you should put a dyer in the line. Agian, don't quote me on this, my guess, $1000 for a dryer. The mill requires a small volume of air and will work with a relatively small compressor. Again, Sam can help you with these details. He's happy to help and there is a no preasure to buy. Give him a call and you will learn a lot.

K

KIM

Reaction score
McFly: I am not trying to hijack this thread so if you are interested in a new, fully open Jensen Preciso 4 axis Puck Mill w/CAM & PC, DEKEMA sintering furnace and training for $32,500, you can email me at [email protected]

This system has been sold, thank you for the interest!!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score

This is near to a real good deal 55 from w ..... has been a j... or not???

K

KIM

Reaction score
This is near to a real good deal 55 from w ..... has been a j... or not???
Hi Cadfan. I am not sure I understand your question but happy to try if you elaborate? You can email me directly at [email protected]. We sell our equipment in North America, just an FYI. Let me know if I can help!

Tad Philip

Tad Philip

Reaction score
Weiland>> well I own a Mini and the Zenotec(Quantro) suction is great too. The Customer Reps . SUCK!! Tech supports good.
I just found a new lab in my city pop up last week. They were advertising they are only Lab in Western MT with in-house milling.
I went over there and put in their faces, I was first and have been for almost 2 years. What joke LAB. first of all the guy is a denturist
using is money trying to start a lab for his wife. She tired of doing fix and wants go in to C&B. She has some training back in dental tech school 6 years ago. So they bought Weiland new deal with the S1 Programat. They have no idea what they are doing. I told he bought the system because he wants to do full arch implant retained zirconia(LOL had to laugh, with a 4 axis mill and the S1??? WOW) So, denturist can now prescribe to an oral surgeon for implants??? WTH.. He also told me their plain was to push and mass produce FCZs using Zenostar no coloring liquid(he doesn't have time for that) his rep told him they don't pre-sinter liquids LOL!! Just use a Zenostar disc and good to go.
Also, as I left I noticed their Lab posters advertising 3 Shape design and the copy ands paste of a old Dental Wings design was what they used to put on their poster. WHAT JOKE!!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Tad, this would be an ideal time to drop off/create a Christmas News Letter from your lab (in a basket of cookies, etc ) to a lot of docs in your area. Tips on metal free crowns and why, new more translucent zirconia coming soon, tips of taking shades, experiences in milling inhouse, etc...

A

Ann Sven

Reaction score
Mcfly,

I would definitely go with the Mini again, but get the advanced software for your tight occlusal anatomy with the .3mm bur. The .7 is good, but .3 is the only way to go for your wax; .7 is great for FCZ. Or, go with the Select dry mill w/o changer. This is a 5 axis mill with the advanced software included. The price difference with everything you get makes the price difference like $6K.

If I were you, find a Mini and Roland owner and ask if they will show you their machines. Or, go to their training facilities to see them in action. If they would be willing to take the housing off to show you the inner workings, I think the build quality of the mini will sell you. I wasn't impressed with the belt in the Roland....I'm more of a steel guy. Belts stretch out.

Also, my wieland rep said his milling center is backing up the mill now with 2 years of free backup. Meaning, if the mill stops milling and they cannot get it working, WPT will produce your work at no charge! They used to charge $15 per FCZ unit, now NO CHARGE. Good incentive to go through a manufacturer for this need instead of a dealer or another laboratory. JM2C.

Ron
I just received a quote from Ivoclar for a Zenotec mini Basic I am wondering now with the above info, Does Basic mean it will not have advanced software? If so, how much is the advanced software?

C

charles007

Reaction score
I just received a quote from Ivoclar for a Zenotec mini Basic I am wondering now with the above info, Does Basic mean it will not have advanced software? If so, how much is the advanced software?
Your correct, it doesn't include Advanced Cam which is either 4 or 5k extra.
If your want Advanced Cam, I think it comes with the new Select mill, but not positive..

A

Ann Sven

Reaction score
Your correct, it doesn't include Advanced Cam which is either 4 or 5k extra.
If your want Advanced Cam, I think it comes with the new Select mill, but not positive..
I have been reading old posts. Which machine did you get the Rolland or the Mini?

A

Ann Sven

Reaction score
I have been reading about how happy the guys with the Zenotec mini with advanced software are... but what about the basic software. Is anyone happy with it? How significant is the difference?

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
I have the mini with the basic software and am happy with it. I see it as away to get get my feet wet with milling as weiland has made there strategies for there material. When I need or want more I can do that at a later date. I am milling all my zr and wax.

Tad Philip

Tad Philip

Reaction score
Basic is good. With the new multi color Zr discs coming out you may want the upgrade software to move crowns up or down in the puck and better detail with a .03 bur. Don't buy a plastic box mill from Roland DWX 5, they are crap!!!

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Basic is good. With the new multi color Zr discs coming out you may want the upgrade software to move crowns up or down in the puck and better detail with a .03 bur. Don't buy a plastic box mill from Roland DWX 5, they are crap!!!

Tad, could you please expand on the reasoning behind your comment or is it just an opinion with no basis?

D

dentcre

Reaction score
I got my mini just like 3 month ago,, It have milled me houndreds of crowns with CERO problems of any kind, the software is real good, I done 8 unit bridges copings fz'z houndreds ,, blue wax also done houndreds.
I clean it everytime I mill a puck, have not have to calibrate it ., the software has that nice application where it can make a big bridge fit in a thinner puck, witch has same my but many times. LOL.
I can tell you what I paid ,will send you a pm, the cyclone suction works amazing well, I got the Wieland oven zenotec p1 workhorse . I have a 5 hour program and a 13 hour, I think you can add a shorter one but
don't want to, I been sintering overnight at 13 hour and I get beautifull translucency and I was adviced from the experts that doing this will extend the life of the oven and the zirconia bridges are stronger.
I have not outsource anything since I got it. so unless you are doing complex big span implant cases I thing you will need other that the mini,,but if not the mini is the way to go.

.OHHHH by the way one thing though ... you going to need a good compressor and refrigerated air dryer,, DONT LISTEN TO THE SALES REP that you don't need to,,I first got the compressor the rep told me "Craftsman" and it sucked and it was 600 dllrs to the trash I don't know what the f...he was thinking.

later I went with a shulz,regrigerated air dryer and in line filter, automatic purges, problems solved. spend 2k on the air system

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi Tad,
Respectfully, I operate 7 of the Roland DWX50 mills. They run non stop, mill the most complex geometries (screw retained full arch zirconia). We have also developed a high def mill strategy that mills anatomic detail with a 0.3 mm tool. Yes, there is some plastic on the outside but the mill is a precision piece of machinery that just keeps om milling. Our oldest DWX50 likely has close to 10,000 hours and has required just a couple spindle replacements. The last one was quite recently. I have included a double arch Izir case milled on a DWX50
It would be great to hear from you as to how you have established "Roland DWX50, are crap!!!". This mill is one of the most widely used mills in dental labs in N america and you don't often here anything negative.

Attachments

• photo 4 (3).JPG
    photo 4 (3).JPG
    65 KB · Views: 37
Tad Philip

Tad Philip

Reaction score
Bob,
We had to 6 unit bridge milled from CAP. Both came back with warped open buccal margins open on #6. The first was redone because of the open margin and the color was to be A1, looked like C2 dull and grey. The second was milled from CAP FZ multi 101, the shade was good but still warped and mill lines all over bridge just like the 1st one!!! So, I milled the same case & file in my Wieland Mini(a solid unit, not plastic) no mill lines and the fit was perfect. So, if Roland is so great, whats with all the milling lines? I understand shade & warping issue is probably a sintering issue, but when we are slammed and need a reliable milling center to at least get the A1 shade right before they send it out & need a big case to be milled & sintered correctly I can't recommend CAP. We had to reschedule the case twice and give the patient a discount.. Not happy here!!! TAD

Top Bottom