Wieland Mini Mill

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I've only milled pmma once but it was clinging all over the place like static electricity was sticking it. What's up with that?

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
We always clean our Mini and collet. Never had issue. Replaced the black rubber bur holders one time and touch plate after 2 years. It's a good mill!

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
D
We always clean our Mini and collet. Never had issue. Replaced the black rubber bur holders one time and touch plate after 2 years. It's a good mill!
Do you run basic CAM ? Are you happy with the results? Adrian.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
D

Mini here basic cam. Results are fine. Great entry for me into a mill. Already looking forward to my next one. 5 axis wet-dry?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob i was thinking of getting the Shenpaz furnace from you. Do you sell or use the fast firing one, the plus one? I've seen a few not so good reviews here on the furnace. If you do fast sintering will it burn the elements faster? Adrian.
Funny, I was speaking with Shenpaz about developing a 60 minute sintering furnace while at IDS. I do think the next couple of years we will see fast fire zirconia discs. We generally sell the regular Sintra. The primary difference is the cool rate is increased by adding a compressed air into the muffle. We have one here at CAP aand have not really noticed any difference in life expectancy.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
D

Yes, it mills very clean with no lines and very accurate. We have the MCX5 now, mainly for EMAX and difficult 5 axis cases. The
Mini does a lot of our Zr, PMMA & Wax

W

Wayne CDT

Reaction score
You don't get any lines? I get a line around the circumference almost all the time. Easy to remove before sintering

user name

user name

Reaction score
You don't get any lines? I get a line around the circumference almost all the time. Easy to remove before sintering
I think ts4341 was talking about the steps; when you say line, you are talking about a single line around the circumference? I think that means its time to run a calibration.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
No, there should not be any milling lines on the crown after milling

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I haven't had to replace the rubber bur holders yet, but it's getting close to that time. How in the world do you get the holes drilled out for the burs? Is there a program somewhere in the CAM or CNC software to drill them out? I have the advanced software, just so you know.

IMG_0584_zpsg048xetv.jpg

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I haven't had to replace the rubber bur holders yet, but it's getting close to that time. How in the world do you get the holes drilled out for the burs? Is there a program somewhere in the CAM or CNC software to drill them out? I have the advanced software, just so you know.

IMG_0584_zpsg048xetv.jpg
Call the guys at Weiland tech support . They did mine via team viewer . There was no option available to do it myself (I only have basic cam) It took two mins :)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, chopper :) I'll do that..they know me there by name, thought I'd try to give them a break from another one of my phone calls :rolleyes:

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
It needs to be set in service mode for the cam and there is an option to remill holes in the new rubber. Its easy and fast once you have the password which they do not want to give you as the majority of folks will click on things with out knowing what the hell it will do.

THe repair guys at IVOCLAR will walk you through it.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I have a bunch of questions to ask them on Friday at the event Ivoclar is putting on . Being out here in Socal I wasn't able to get any training on the mill when I bought it ,so it will be nice to watch them using the software & using the mills .

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It needs to be set in service mode for the cam and there is an option to remill holes in the new rubber. Its easy and fast once you have the password which they do not want to give you as the majority of folks will click on things with out knowing what the hell it will do.

THe repair guys at IVOCLAR will walk you through it.

Thanks, John :) They needed to manually set the calibration position (password protected) for the tool location and path. I had to let them know where the calibration pin was in centering it over the touch point. Then ran that calibration. Drilled the holes, and am running another calibration as I post.

Maybe the Basic software goes through this process easier? but I really like the control of bridge position in the disc, especially in my case for gradient PMMA temps, with the advanced software.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Thanks, John :) They needed to manually set the calibration position (password protected) for the tool location and path. I had to let them know where the calibration pin was in centering it over the touch point. Then ran that calibration. Drilled the holes, and am running another calibration as I post.

Maybe the Basic software goes through this process easier? but I really like the control of bridge position in the disc, especially in my case for gradient PMMA temps, with the advanced software.
Iv'e been thinking about getting the advanced software for a while . I also hear it does a great job of designing support bars with big zirc cases. With the basic it's horrible :( Maybe they will give me a special price at the event friday Deal

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yes, check into it. I did get mine for 1/2 price during a Ivoclar 2015 4th quarter promotion. See what they say, couldn't hurt.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Does it matter as far as connector placement when loading a disc? Should they be positioned as much
as possible horizontally from each other to help prolong spindle life (less up and down movements)?
Or doesn't that matter? The one below is in wax, I use 3 for zi, so in doing 3, does it help if the spindle
doesn't have move up and down as much in going from 1 connector to the other?
Am I overthinking it?

bars.PNG

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
It's good you are thinking but you're not on the right thought process. Don't worry about the spindle as it relates to connectors. The spindle life will be related to hours of use. The best place to spue in on the equator or widest part of the restoration. I would stay away from proximal contact areas and use two connectors for everything but molars, where we use 3.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It's good you are thinking but you're not on the right thought process. Don't worry about the spindle as it relates to connectors. The spindle life will be related to hours of use. The best place to spue in on the equator or widest part of the restoration. I would stay away from proximal contact areas and use two connectors for everything but molars, where we use 3.

Thank you for the helpful and encouraging reply Bob, I appreciate it :)
It looks like other agree with you, too :)