Wieland Mini Mill

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Hey, I did it... I bought a Wieland Mini Mill :) I am jacked to get this mill going.. :ranger:

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Congrats Man U will like the mini.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I'm telling you, that thing is a little monster! It devoured anything I put in front of it without even trying! Lol! Did you get their advanced CAM?

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Almost bought the mini...but Roland had the extra axis...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Javier Ricalde

Javier Ricalde

Reaction score
really need 5-axis? if the production of most crowns and small bridges. are saying who have this machine axis 4

I'm interested in your comment because I'm thinking about buying this machine as well, I have 5 axis zz manual and I've only made 2 large screw-retained bridges in 5 years.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I'm telling you, that thing is a little monster! It devoured anything I put in front of it without even trying! Lol! Did you get their advanced CAM?
I will find out from Kris Whitman on Monday about the advanced CAM.. It has the .03mm tool.. Not sure.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
really need 5-axis? if the production of most crowns and small bridges. are saying who have this machine axis 4

I'm interested in your comment because I'm thinking about buying this machine as well, I have 5 axis zz manual and I've only made 2 large screw-retained bridges in 5 years.

If you're only doing short spans and singles the 4 axis will suffice... if you're into implant stuff or long span you'll need the fifth axis...and those lollipop style tools have limitations even if a reseller says it does the same thing in 4 axis as a 5 axis would... my 2 cents...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Wieland is an awesome little mill, I have had only one long span bridge that I could not mill and it was a true prep issue but would have been possible with the 5th axis. The place where it's is absolutely needed is in bigger implant bridges that are screw retained. With that being said with the use of the advanced cam and 3shapes angle screw feature I have been successful milling many 2 fixture 3 unit bridges and splints. It's the bigger wider divergent multiple fixture cases that are impossible.

Javier Ricalde

Javier Ricalde

Reaction score
Thanks John and Zero your opinion is valuable to me because you are users. not sellers

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
John do you have any other mills to compare it to? Its just i am on the verge of dishing out the cash. I have it down to the ZFX vhf mill ( the one bruxir sells ),mini and the 240i. All within 5k of each other. I have heard the 240i can make burrs last for ever compared to the vhf mills.
Thanks in advance.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
John do you have any other mills to compare it to? Its just i am on the verge of dishing out the cash. I have it down to the ZFX vhf mill ( the one bruxir sells ),mini and the 240i. All within 5k of each other. I have heard the 240i can make burrs last for ever compared to the vhf mills.
Thanks in advance.

Those are all great mills and you really can't go wrong with them. My advice though would be to look into the imes icore 250i, I think they are set at 36k give our take. This also includes wet milling added in. Plus you get an 5 axis with this mill whenever you need it.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Will do parkway
I just e-mailed seller over here to get a price on the 250i. If its around the 36k mark it is defiantly added to the list thanks.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
the vhf 4 k2 is (wieland mini,ZFX,bruxzir,Jensen) look at the camsoftware its the only difference wieland works with dentalsoftworks Standardsotftware 2500 Euro
advance 3500 Euro you can change things(only in advance) the other have i think the standard vhf ( not so good outbrakes , undercuts problems)Dentalsoftworks limitation two different insertion axes with 10 degrees automatic and 18 degrees per hand , manual ad on off 0,6 or 0,3 mm at the occlusal surface or aproximal .Or sum 3 D different insertion axis for each axes up to 25 degrees, automatic strategie vor mabee the margin line occlusal surface, automatic nesting depending on the insertion axes an the rotation axe to work on undercuts( every cement gap is an undercut),lolipop strategie that worx,but not as easy to use as dentalsoftworks.5000 Euro

the 240i can also be updated on wetgrinding use diamond coated burrs because of microswitch same price as vhf
the 250i 5 axes wetgrinding,microswitch,10 times toolchanger the workroom is total forceclosed from the elektrical Part by the imes vhf only by underpressure.
Software imes good standard or sum 3d additional.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So we're a lab that does a lot of big implant cases and lots of small ones and some pretty big span stuff that comes in maybe 4-5 times a month. we have nobel scanner and straumann scanners as well for when a doctor requests the name brand stuff but for doctors that are okay with the third party stuff we'll be milling those ZR abutments in house.
the wieland mini not agood choice right? I'm thinking roland or the 250i imes. I'd really like the Datron as we do a lot of bars and ti abutments but don't think my bosses want to spend that much. But we should definitely go with a 5axis mill right?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
@rileys if you want to mill metall also have a look at the 450i with cam maybe 57000 usd at an exibition maybe 49 usd metal routine( titanium an NEM) also preschaped titanium abutments. with lower speed up to 200 unit a month the soft materials with full speed 0,9 kw spindel. roland is only dry 250 also wet Datron D 5 150000 usd plus cam 19-26 the wieland is a good maschine but the price is very different 15000 usd by jensen plus software advance 4-5000 usd or sum 60000 usd..holder for 98 mm diameter 300 usd.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
And the wieland mini is a vhf like the mini bruxzir and jensen precisio? Just different casing?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
And the wieland mini is a vhf like the mini bruxzir and jensen precisio? Just different casing?

Same hardware AFAIK... different shell, different software....

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Same hardware AFAIK... different shell, different software....

And different vendors that make a difference as well.

The weiland Select or the new 5 axis VHF machine with puck selector should be able to cut glass and metal with a mechanical touch off not electronic, im guessing due to the wet factor.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
And different vendors that make a difference as well.

The weiland Select or the new 5 axis VHF machine with puck selector should be able to cut glass and metal with a mechanical touch off not electronic, im guessing due to the wet factor.

They will cut Chrome Cobalt only (metal) and it does use a mechanical touch off instead of an electrical like the older machines.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
They will cut Chrome Cobalt only (metal) and it does use a mechanical touch off instead of an electrical like the older machines.

Yeah I know this.