Why do the big implant companies complicate everything?!?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
A Christmas card would be nice

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
They Live Snitch GIF

S

scott4415

Reaction score
Former Dentsply implant rep here - I've owned 2 labs in a past life and have 30 years in this industry. Dentsply is running off the experienced reps, including myself. The management team has absolutely zero clue what they are doing (in my humble opinion). And its only going to get worse. In 2023 the Astra workforce was appx 60% new. Chew on that for a while. In the most complex and dangerous arena that Dentsply operates, the workforce is 60% new.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The question is, did you make more money in the lab or as a rep?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Former Dentsply implant rep here - I've owned 2 labs in a past life and have 30 years in this industry. Dentsply is running off the experienced reps, including myself. The management team has absolutely zero clue what they are doing (in my humble opinion). And its only going to get worse. In 2023 the Astra workforce was appx 60% new. Chew on that for a while. In the most complex and dangerous arena that Dentsply operates, the workforce is 60% new.
:welcome:

As far as Dentsply goes, don't get me started!!!Banghead

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
It seems like every implant company has had new inexperienced people answering the phones the last several years. I avoid the websites and order everything I need by phone. Dentist sends me the surgeons letter they receive and I give the implant reference number to the implant company to help with my orders. Usually, that helps prevent any wrong orders, but somehow even that gets screwed up at times.

S

scott4415

Reaction score
I made roughly the same amount of money owning a lab vs being an implant rep. I worked more hours as a lab owner but I spent more time away from my family on overnights as an implant rep.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Scott, our local Dentsply rep (his name starts with a B, you probably know him) was top producer and was let go at the beginning of the next year for, well, he was making too much money. Typical top management. Two years later he was hired back as no one could handle the job. Dentsply has been their own worst enemy with regard to Atlantis abutments and labs relations. We need to be able to control design of abutments as we know what our clinicians are looking for for tissue management, not them. Off-brand companies like TruAbutment are taking plenty of the work load, and at a much more profitable price.

Top Bottom