Who's going?? We are!

Affinity

Affinity

Ratings
2,443 41
Of course JMN, it was THE saurus

Ive eaten my share of snoots in tube form Im sure, living in Europe thats like 60% of your diet..

Sevan P

Sevan P

Ratings
1,323 10
I'm landing wed 4:30pm speaking for Argen on thursday and Saturday, tru abutment on Friday and 3shape all three days.

M

Mike2

Ratings
130 2
I will also go to see the 3d system guys and try to figure out all the printing stuff. Always a good time, I quit driving and now take the train out of Milwaukee, short ride and don't have to deal with vehicle. Always energizes me and gives me hope for the future of an industry i have spent a lifetime in, at least since 1983.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Ratings
1,775 34
I wish theyd move to Minneapolis, Kansas City or even Saint Louis. You couldnt pay me to step foot in Chicago again.
I totally agree...and it's down the road, I can drive and I still don't want to go. Last year rubbed me the wrong way. Every other vendor on the floor is an offshore lab wanting to take your work. Then lecturers saying, "I'm not judging if your business plan includes offshore".... seriously, wtf. Love the food and nightlife in Chicago, but way too cold, and I don't need to support a city with anti-American policies. See ya in Orlando in the Spring fellas :)

S

Survivor

We decided to go but could not book a room at the Hyatt Regency. Does anyone know if there any good, and not too expensive, hotels within walking distance to the Hyatt Regency? I reserved a room at the Radison Riverview, but is that too far and is it a good hotel?
Also, How do people get from the airport (ORD) to the Hyatt? I reserve a car at $ 80 for the 2.5 days and I found parking for $14 all day near the hotel; but is taking taxis a better option?
Thank anyone who has any advise.

doug

doug

Ratings
967 9
You can ride the train from ither airport into the city. Costs about $2.50 We do it every year.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Ratings
1,128 24
10 days till I'm on my way to Chicago! Looking forward to having 2 full days of show time. :Top:

Contraluz

Contraluz

Ratings
562 2
We decided to go but could not book a room at the Hyatt Regency. Does anyone know if there any good, and not too expensive, hotels within walking distance to the Hyatt Regency? I reserved a room at the Radison Riverview, but is that too far and is it a good hotel?
Also, How do people get from the airport (ORD) to the Hyatt? I reserve a car at $ 80 for the 2.5 days and I found parking for $14 all day near the hotel; but is taking taxis a better option?
Thank anyone who has any advise.
I would not rent a car. You wont need it once in the city (Downtown). Cabs or Lyft/Uber will do the job. Most things downtown are in 'walking' distance, anyway. If you want to go to the McCormick center, there are free shuttle buses outside a handful of Hotels, like the Hyatt. As for getting from the Airport to Downtown, there are shuttle services for a flat rate. I think, folks have taken the subway, too. Look for one of the last years thread regarding the subway. Or you can take a cab (Uber/Lyft),too. Depending on traffic, it can be a bit pricy. But still cheaper than a car rental + overnight parking.

In my experience, I try to stay in the hotel where the main show is.

Affinity

Affinity

Ratings
2,443 41
Take the train it’s a no-brainer. You don’t want to navigate downtown Chicago. I stayed at the London house last year, it was beautiful and was reasonably priced.. for downtown. 5 min walk to the show.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!