Who to buy scan bodies from?

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
So we have the D2k, and the doc has the new trios.
In house its 99% BioHorizon.
Our outside accounts are 99% Nobel Biocare.
We purchased the digital systems from CAP and are very pleased with everything. If the owner/doc decided to buy somewhere else I am sure we would have already had issues and many of them. So buy from CAP folks.
Anyway, where should we purchase scan bodies from?
I think we should buy from CAP so if there is an technical issues they are sure to help us out.
The only thing is there is nothing available for the Narrow 3.0 platforms, and we us this size often enough.
We're currently sending our Ti abut's to Core3D and very pleased with them as well.
They sell libraries and have a slightly larger variety of sizes and platforms including the 3.0 bodies.
What do you think?
Should we just order from CAP and then just order the Narrow bodies and DMEs from Core3D?
Will this be an issue?
Thanks.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The only issue I had with the Core 3D scan bodies was when a dr would have to modify them to fit in a tight space.
Their shape is very cylindrical ,so any modifications make them hard to orient in your abutment software.

I could see a 3.0 platform being a challenge if the shape of the scan flag is changed. I switched to Argen's nt-trading scan flags which are shaped better ( but larger).

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
we have both the NT set and Elos, which pretty much takes care of everything
Nt doesn't currently have a 3.0
the Nobel 3.0 is do-able at Nobel with an Elos

Last edited:
KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I'd be glad to help anyone out.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Lol....I'd give it a try to help...everyone deserves a chance!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We started out with the Glidewell kit as our hybrid ZR abutment kit cause they have the 4.5mm and 6mm tall interfaces which come in handy for the deeper place implants. Then we got the Argen (NT Trading) for out Ti abutments, Then I ended up getting all the Brand specific Nobel (ELOS),Straumann, M.I.S., Biohirizon, Implant Direct and 3i which came with our first D700.

Peter Carollo

Peter Carollo

Reaction score
We offer the 3.0 system we support nearly every system and platform on the market today except neoss and genesis

Top Bottom