Who sells Katana in Canada?

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Besides Uncle Hank, Are there any other resllers in Canada for Katana UTML?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
doubt it. Zblahn might have monopoly on that, or as they call it "exclusivity" because as soon as you click this button you redirect to ZmbahnCanada.

katana.JPG

A

A. M.

Reaction score
We got it from Henry Schein... sorry Zahn Canada :)
Or maybe you can try Westan, they sell their porcelain... maybe?!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Pretty sure Hank has the rights for North America.:(

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
is that not something we can fight, as an industry? sole importer of goods, i'd think would be under the antitrust laws.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Damn. Thought so. Sold out until mid Feb

user name

user name

Reaction score
We got it from Henry Schein... sorry Zahn Canada :)
Or maybe you can try Westan, they sell their porcelain... maybe?!
You realize Henry Schein IS Zahn, no?

A

A. M.

Reaction score
No problem... but some people who work there, would correct you... so if you ever talk to them, you might wanna say the company's name right :D

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
is that not something we can fight, as an industry? sole importer of goods, i'd think would be under the antitrust laws.
Only antitrust if they control a monopoly of the goods, and usually in combination with 'vertical integration' (mining to puck).
DeBeers is a great example, they are evil, but that and they still doesn't fall under anti trust.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
hahaha de beer s

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
My apologies. I don't speak Canadian.
No worries, you can blend in... just speak American and put an "eh!" at the end of each of yer sentences...eh ?

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
You would fight two companies coming to a mutually agreed upon contract regarding the private transaction of their own property?...We don't have a right to someone's product at a price that WE think is fair. Banghead

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i would fight one massive company looking to secure a monopoly on one product by buying the entire supply, and exclusive sales rights in order to fix the price. but you and i see liberty from two different perspectives.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
i would fight one massive company looking to secure a monopoly on one product by buying the entire supply, and exclusive sales rights in order to fix the price. but you and i see liberty from two different perspectives.
You dislike Noritake having a monopoly on their own product?...And yes we disagree. I believe in private property rights, and you do not :)

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Let's break down what you're upset about. I'll translate your sentence into real terms.

i would fight one company purchasing all the product that another company is willing to sell to them, along with the agreed upon rights to sell said product.

Free-market solution: Buy another zirconia.
Authoritarian solution: Complain that it's not fair and use government force to coerce a private business to provide you with their product at the price that YOU think is fair.

Again, you have no, ZERO, right to their product. Their zirconia is the product of their labor. If you have the right to their labor, you have the right to enslave them. Does it suck that it's only available from one distributor? Yeah, probably. Does it give you the right to force them to bend to your wishes? Negative, chief. It's their property, it's their business. Don't like it? Do business with someone else.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Let's break down what you're upset about. I'll translate your sentence into real terms.

i would fight one company purchasing all the product that another company is willing to sell to them, along with the agreed upon rights to sell said product.

Authoritarian solution: Complain that it's not fair and use government force to coerce a private business to provide you with their product at the price that YOU think is fair.

Again, you have no, ZERO, right to their product. Their zirconia is the product of their labor. If you have the right to their labor, you have the right to enslave them. Does it suck that it's only available from one distributor? Yeah, probably. Does it give you the right to force them to bend to your wishes? Negative, chief. It's their property, it's their business. Don't like it? Do business with someone else.
In the event Im unable to speak or express my opinion, I authorize you to express on my behalf.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

in Canada, you can buy about 49% of all dental products on the market through HS, and the other 48% through Dentsply. the other 2 % account for miscellany, and test products usually not for sale to professionals until regulation authorities approve it for use; then HS and Desntsply descend like vultures. HS and Denstply both rebrand their own things here as much as they do in the states, HS calles it Zirlux if theres no copyright on the original product.

in the USA its a different story. what you buy in Alabama you can also buy in Maine without going to a national chain supplier and still buy it using the same product name. there are no players controlling any national product sale or exclusive distribution.

its a big difference.

you and I both know there are certain products that are objectively, provably, superior to others. STML and UTML is one of those products. for me, and the subject of the thread, in Canada that means we go through 1 supplier, a national chain who controls the market. there is no freedom to buy from someone else. as a lab i cannot import a product from the usa for use. as a dentist i can't order lab products. as an OMFS i cant order lab products either. if i tried to order STML through an american supplier, they would deny it over the border because i cannot be an importer.

see what i face is the problem that i would greatly desire the ability or freedom to buy from another supplier, but that does not exist in our infrastructure, it is in fact controlled like a drug. but not by government, by the monster that is uncle hank. uncle hank made it so that only independent companies who act as retailers can import products for sale. then because this is listed as a medical device it can only be purchased by labs and sold by prescription only.

if i wanted to make a product in canada i have to go through HS to get most quality products, Dentsply for most of the lesser used products, or simply not play the game.

cannot buy from germany because i cant be an importer, i intend to use it.

the only thing i'm complaining about is that i cant trust uncle shhein to provide me products that help keep me in business. your free-market solution doesnt work here.

technically i have the ONLY right to this product, because HS doesnt even have a lab. its just an importer, distributor, with all the power to buy up product. its by prescription only, so HS should have no reason to buy any of it.

i want the freedom to cut out the middleman, a freedom you enjoy.

HS is therefore the only reason Canada hasnt gone down the 99$ crown route. you simply can't get material supplied at low enough cost.