who said it is impossible to do EMax full press 4unit br.??? )))

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
How many ingots pressed that 4 unit? Did you layer 11? Thx for sharing.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
You can do it no problem, just not recommended. how long do you think it will last? $50 says it doesn't last more than a year and a half. hopefully I'll have $50 by then. from experience i strongly recommend following the manufactu rers instructions

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
You can do it no problem, just not recommended. how long do you think it will last? $50 says it doesn't last more than a year and a half. hopefully I'll have $50 by then. from experience i strongly recommend following the manufactu rers instructions
5+years already,non of my bridges came back as a remakes, dude. There is more experience come if you try.Even if you fail ones you may learn something,never try,never learn. Bless my Boss who let me try something without watching my back like in many lab's. I guess it is just me in the entire Universe....buhhhhaaa.

C

charles007

Reaction score
ed3 I Could do a 6 unit bridge but Ivoclar with all there years of testing says you can't. This is exactly what gives some materials a bad reputation.....not following guidelines on products we use. You broke the first rule in using on a molar pontiac........... If this were a lower anterior bridge with tall abutments/ plenty connector height, I might try after talking to my account and asking permission..........and take full responsibility if it breaks.........

Do you know why attachments are used on bridges ? flexing ... decay ! margins lift up..
emax,, snap crackel pop lol

Last edited:
ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
ed3 I Could do a 6 unit bridge but Ivoclar with all there years of testing says you can't. This is exactly what gives some materials a bad reputation.....not following guidelines on products we use. You broke the first rule in using on a molar pontiac........... If this were a lower anterior bridge with tall abutments/ plenty connector height, I might try after talking to my account and asking permission..........and take full responsibility if it breaks.........
I see a lot of PFM breakage and chipped porcelain .....but almost non of my Emax crowns....so who is braking first or many other rules in porcelain building??? Com-on...the Ivoclar lady who been "advising" us does't know a sh...t about this material and how to work with it and its potential as a many reps in Ivoclar.)))

C

charles007

Reaction score
I see a lot of PFM breakage and chipped porcelain .....but almost non of my Emax crowns....so who is braking first or many other rules in porcelain building??? Com-on...the Ivoclar lady who been "advising" us does't know a sh...t about this material and how to work with it and its potential as a many reps in Ivoclar.)))

You see alot of chipped porcelain from under supported porcelain.......Not following guidelines again..... and we all break that rule......and no tech can design perfect designs on all crowns.......
I have less than 5 single remakes per year for the past 20 years.....

Emax monolithic is not going to chip.........

PS.....I have almost 40 years at my monkey bench.......some day you will see the light....... lol

Last edited:
ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
You see alot of chipped porcelain from under supported porcelain.......Not following guidelines again..... and we all break that rule......and no tech can design perfect designs on all crowns.......

PS.....I have almost 40 years at my monkey bench.......some day you will see the light....... lol

I just have 19. LOL. Hope not to see 20 more years, planing to retire before 30 years, if my plan will work hopefully ...))

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score

wow, you're very...not as young as i imagined:)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
his last name is Darwin, afterall :)

D

dhdc

Reaction score
maybe you will have more than 20 year if you factor in all the remakes you will have,nobody says you cant do 4 units,it just that ivoclar spend millions in R and D and it may be advisable to take notice.

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
I don't think i would have tried it, but I hope it holds up for you.
that doctor should have taken a full arch impression, that's ridiculous! if the bite is off (which it's bound to be) and the doc has to grind on that case, you better hope he does it gently without too much friction.
good luck.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
I don't think i would have tried it, but I hope it holds up for you.
that doctor should have taken a full arch impression, that's ridiculous! if the bite is off (which it's bound to be) and the doc has to grind on that case, you better hope he does it gently without too much friction.
good luck.

Against all Odds, "good luck" wishers I am doing what I am doing for many years, sir. Besides are you a dentist? Do you know when you taken full arch it is not always is accurate as a quadrant? Good luck to you with your good lucks,LOL.popcorn

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Against all Odds, "good luck" wishers I am doing what I am doing for many years, sir. Besides are you a dentist? Do you know when you taken full arch it is not always is accurate as a quadrant? Good luck to you with your good lucks,LOL.popcorn

While I disagree in doing a bridge like this in Emax, Its your option to do it, if it breaks its not my problem.. But to say that this garbage quadrant impression is as accurate than a full arch for a case like this is nonsense.. Some things can be defended, like not following manufacturers instructions, but why defend a dentist creating more than an entire quadrant of bridgework, on 2 adjacent teeth?? Dont get me wrong, Ive done cases like this on quadrant imp., but I knew it was wrong.. It doesnt take a dentist to know this is not the correct procedure for free end bridgework, just someone with a simple understanding of occlusion. Do you seriously think a full arch impression is not as accurate as a quadrant?
You seem a bit defensive over people critiquing your work that you freely posted on a public forum..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Not to mention that you cant match the length or shape of the cuspid to the other side.. How accurate is that?

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
is there a fight brewing? :cool:popcorn

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Using materials outside the manufactures recommendations is something only the dentist has the right to authorize and they must be informed if you do this sort of thing. The patient expects the dentist not to experimented on them without their consent. There are just to many other ways to do a four unit bridge without breaking the GMP's of a material manufacturer.

If you do this make sure your personal assets are judgment proof.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
OMG is all I can say without getting x rated. I am with the last 3 posts. You are really lucky that you got away with that for so long. One day it will bite you in the .....
Hopefully soone than later.