Who does spindle rebuilds ?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Got a partially seized DWX50 spindle, I want the bearings replaced. Any leads ?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Wow. There is something you can't do!? I was starting to wonder.

Hey. Kids. Kids! c'm'ere. You gotta get in this picture. Sure, bring the dog. Stand over there. Sally. Sally, quit biting Jimmie's nails. Nobody will believe you weren't here today without the picture. Stand still everyone.

Cheeeese

E

erykd1

Reaction score
There are a few people advertising on eBay, but I dont have any experience with any of them. Just search Roland Spindle

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Wow. There is something you can't do!? I was starting to wonder.

Hey. Kids. Kids! c'm'ere. You gotta get in this picture. Sure, bring the dog. Stand over there. Sally. Sally, quit biting Jimmie's nails. Nobody will believe you weren't here today without the picture. Stand still everyone.

Cheeeese

Like, Agree and Funny.
I thought the same thing, he needs our help? Wow, he is mortal :) :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive only seen the ads on ebay also..

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I do not have the proper tools nor the time to repair myself, I'd rather let someone who specializes in it doing it. Dontknow

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
So, it turns out it is way easier to rebuild than I thought... Bird I started with making some specialized tools from scrap aluminum to depress the draw-bar and to engage the business end of the spindle.

20200216_140529.jpg 20200216_145928.jpg 20200216_142755.jpg 20200219_204815.jpg 20200219_204807.jpg 20200219_204801.jpg 20200219_205159.jpg

Then the whole thing comes apart in less than a minute.. it has two NSK 6801ZZ bearings to be replaced. About $50 USD shipped. Might need to make a contraption for compressing the main springs to be able to put things back together, I'll figure it out later Cheers

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So, it turns out it is way easier to rebuild than I thought... Bird I started with making some specialized tools from scrap aluminum to depress the draw-bar and to engage the business end of the spindle.

View attachment 34956 View attachment 34948 View attachment 34949 View attachment 34950 View attachment 34951 View attachment 34954 View attachment 34955

Then the whole thing comes apart in less than a minute.. it has two NSK 6801ZZ bearings to be replaced. About $50 USD shipped. Might need to make a contraption for compressing the main springs to be able to put things back together, I'll figure it out later Cheers
Steering wheel compression kit + bar with 2vtappped holes for compressoon bolts

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What most of you don’t know is that Zero needed a knee replacement a few years ago and he made his own from some scrap aluminum, sheet rock screws and an inner tube from a ‘71 Nova.
I hear he's performing Affinity's Big V this spring.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
What most of you don’t know is that Zero needed a knee replacement a few years ago and he made his own from some scrap aluminum, sheet rock screws and an inner tube from a ‘71 Nova.
All the components you mentioned for knee replacement are correct except the sheet rock screw are only and strictly used for hip replacement.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I took mine apart after fabricating some tools, it is fairly easy but the problem is Roland do not sell the bearings. So I am looking to see who is the third party who manufacture there bearings.

Top Bottom