Whiter than OM1 ?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Looking for a puck whiter than OM1. It needs to be high mgp. Aesthetics be damned.. She just wants white.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
I had a case like this recently and used the 4y zi we have then added Jensen MIYO Lumin plus. Second firing was with the structure Ghost to make it super white but vital looking with some light refraction.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
3y would be lava plus or anything super high strength and super opaque. Original style zirconias.
4y would be the 1000+ mpa strength class 6 med devices for full arch with slighter higher translucency and better esthetic. Genisys, argen ht+, sagemaxx nexczr+, origin beyond, etc.
5y would be your higher trans lower strength zirconias limited to only 3 units with no cantilevers. Katana, imagine, cubex, etc.
The y refers to the yytria stabilizers. Its an easy reference I use when referring to the levels of esthetic in zirconias available on the market.
The really fancy newer stuff like prime from ivoclar uses a combination of these materials to balance strength and aesthetics by having a multi layered disc not just based on color but also based on strength.
We offer a version of the 3 standard zirconias, 3y, 4y, and 5y and will make recommendations no matter the RX If I think there is better option based on prep style and esthetic requirement.
Layering is an option with all of them .
MIYO just makes it easier when solid zirconia is a must and some aesthetics need to be achieved.
I just wont put a chicklet in a patient's mouth ever.
I still use the rule, would I put this in my mouth.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Currently this implant case is cuspids Lisi B00 laminates, 7 thru 10 screw retained bridge on 4 abutments, 12,13 2 unit cantaliver splint. I used OM1 HT+ and overlayed with OM1 porcelian. I am whiter than OM1 right now. I have Miyo but am not familiar with " frost". Do you think frost could rescue me?. This case has been a pia since the begging and I really dont want to start it over.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Currently this implant case is cuspids Lisi B00 laminates, 7 thru 10 screw retained bridge on 4 abutments, 12,13 2 unit cantaliver splint. I used OM1 HT+ and overlayed with OM1 porcelian. I am whiter than OM1 right now. I have Miyo but am not familiar with " frost". Do you think frost could rescue me?. This case has been a pia since the begging and I really dont want to start it over.
snow is the whitest of the white. You may have to mix it though.
If you want something whiter you may have to wait for Chicago when MIYO introduces their new shade " Edgar Winter".

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
3y would be lava plus or anything super high strength and super opaque. Original style zirconias.
4y would be the 1000+ mpa strength class 6 med devices for full arch with slighter higher translucency and better esthetic. Genisys, argen ht+, sagemaxx nexczr+, origin beyond, etc.
5y would be your higher trans lower strength zirconias limited to only 3 units with no cantilevers. Katana, imagine, cubex, etc.
The y refers to the yytria stabilizers. Its an easy reference I use when referring to the levels of esthetic in zirconias available on the market.
The really fancy newer stuff like prime from ivoclar uses a combination of these materials to balance strength and aesthetics by having a multi layered disc not just based on color but also based on strength.
We offer a version of the 3 standard zirconias, 3y, 4y, and 5y and will make recommendations no matter the RX If I think there is better option based on prep style and esthetic requirement.
Layering is an option with all of them .
MIYO just makes it easier when solid zirconia is a must and some aesthetics need to be achieved.
I just wont put a chicklet in a patient's mouth ever.
I still use the rule, would I put this in my mouth.
GREAT POST!!!!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
snow is the whitest of the white. You may have to mix it though.
If you want something whiter you may have to wait for Chicago when MIYO introduces their new shade " Edgar Winter".

It's going to come in a twin pack, with Johnny, too :)

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Ghost is equivalent to bleach enamel. Fire a tab or small thin amount on a leftover ingot you have already pressed if you want to see what it will do.
Snow is the whitest of white but it is also completely opaque
You could fire snow to chicklet white then cover with frost to give light refraction and be whiter than white.

Last edited:
DanM

DanM

Reaction score
Agree with above go with HT+ white (4Y) and maybe add incisal presintered liquid. Should be good to go...if not then add the Lumen Plus like a heavy glaze and that will lighten it up.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
They now have Lumin Plus which is amazing. Lumin original was a bit weak per thickness in my opinion. Lumin Plus is just "MAGIC" for so Many applications!!!🙂

Top Bottom