White ring at sprue

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I just tried my own technique. Finally no nothing. Turned out amazing. I did it on two cases. Checking to see if it is consistent.
Pardon my ignorance but how you sprue to emax and emax multi press makes your spruing info make no sense. A 8 gauge down to a vertical small attachment on central in a multi is so different than your log theory. The logs cannot be as large as your illustration. Otherwise I would get major problems in my anatomy and my sharp edges. Never get grayness there. Please explain.

I understand what you are saying, Please understand if the crystals were illustrated at actual size you would not see them. Notice the SEM photo of them in the first slide the scale is 2 microns, that's 0.002mm. The illustration is only for showing the flow.

As for the multi, the crystals still line up, only horizontally instead of vertically. The flow is also slowed down allowing this material more time to fill the mold. And if you measured the contact area of each sprue, the multi would actually be equal to or larger than and 8 gauge (3-3.3mm depending on brand) or 10 gauge (2.5mm) sprue.

J

JDD

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, Please understand if the crystals were illustrated at actual size you would not see them. Notice the SEM photo of them in the first slide the scale is 2 microns, that's 0.002mm. The illustration is only for showing the flow.

As for the multi, the crystals still line up, only horizontally instead of vertically. The flow is also slowed down allowing this material more time to fill the mold. And if you measured the contact area of each sprue, the multi would actually be equal to or larger than and 8 gauge (3-3.3mm depending on brand) or 10 gauge (2.5mm) sprue.
Understand. Thank you. Well said