Whipmix sintering vs mihm vogt

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I may be able to get my milling center off the ground if i can skimp a bit, and mihm vogt has a sintering oven slightly cheaper than whipmix, however i don't know what would last longer or work better.

Anyone help?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I may be able to get my milling center off the ground if i can skimp a bit, and mihm vogt has a sintering oven slightly cheaper than whipmix, however i don't know what would last longer or work better.

Anyone help?
@Username has and likes the construction of the Rats of Nimh, that's an endorsement as far as I'm concerned.

K

KIM

Reaction score

Anyone help?
We have a good number of clients who use the MV and I hear very good things about it. I don't believe that you would be "Settling" at all if you bought it. They have a pretty good track record. The heating elements are made from Molybdenum silicate vs. silicon carbide which is good because they last longer and are more durable. I'm sure someone else will chime in on replacement cost but be prepared that the heating elements are not cheap.

C

[email protected]

Reaction score
Mihm Vogt is a workhorse oven and is very, very reliable. I have two of them and run them everyday 6 days a week. No issues. The support of Microstar Zubler USA has been great and they stock all the major parts you will need after a couple years of heavy use. I would recommend keeping a set of heating elements on hand after year 1 because you cannot afford to be down. The electronics are solid and cannot say enough great things about this furnace. I would buy another one without hesitation.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hi Cool hand luke..

here are some points for you to consider I tried to be as unbias as possible. I hope you find this information helpful.:

Whip Mix Max Temp 1570C / Max Heat Rate 30C/Min (Element type SiC)
Mihm Vogt Oven Max Temp 1650C / Max Heat Rate 25Cmin-100C/Min-200C/Min (Model Dependent) (Element Type - Most commonly MoSi2 / SiC are available)

Some of the Mihm Vogt models have much larger tray diameters than others. (Great for multiple full arches.
Price and performance are key. Type of element is also key (as Kim pointed out).

MoSi2 vs. SiC.
We sell ovens with both types
MoSi2 last much longer, has a much higher maximum surface temperature 1750C-1900C and are more electrically stable. You can replace a single element if one goes out.

SiC elements have a lower maximum surface temperature (1600-1650C),Change electrical value as they age (resistance) and must be replaced in pairs or all at once when a single element goes out.

While an individual SiC element is cheaper than an individual MoSi2 element, multiple SiC elements obviously may cost more than a single MoSi2 should a single element go out.

A large laboratory may run through a set of SiC elements every year, compared to MoSi2 elements once every 4-5 years. We recommend keeping them in stock for sure.

MoSi2 elements require the running a of Regeneration cycle regularly to keep oxidation from breaking down the silica layer on the elements. SiC elements do not require this.

Thank you for the Mention Mr. May . it is appreciated. We try hard!

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
I have a Mihn Vogt for just over a year. Use it six days a week. One of the elements blew just over the one year mark. Otherwise it's great.

A

adl

Reaction score
How about Nabertherm? It’s very similar to Mihm Vogt, just less expensive

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't know who deals that. thank you everyone for your recommendations. i guess i will go Mihm.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have a Mihn Vogt for just over a year. Use it six days a week. One of the elements blew just over the one year mark. Otherwise it's great.
How often were you running regeneration cycles?

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
In Canada LHM distributes Mihm

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what you've done to condition the power to this furnace? does it need a conditioner? which one did you use?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have a dedicated 220, but thats all. I did have issues with consistent results the first couple months, but I cant say for sure it was power related. I suspect there was some burn in time needed on the elements, but no way to quantify that. When I pick up another one, Ill be running back to back cycles and high temp purge cycles right away before it goes into production, just to get things broke in.

Temptabs from Orton ceramics are a must. I use a 650 and a 700; measure with a good micrometer and average the two. My oven runs just a bit cold. Every Zr Ive tried looks better in my eyes slightly over cooked.

Have you decided what material(s) youre going to use?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i am open to suggestion, but i had planned on offering all katana stml shades, and cubex2.

user name

user name

Reaction score
can anyone tell me what you've done to condition the power to this furnace? does it need a conditioner? which one did you use?
What are you thinking on power conditioning?
@Zubler USA Is there a benefit to any 'power conditioning'?

On the advice of a very trusted friend...keep a spare element on hand. Dont be an idiot and try to connect a jumper wire to by pass a bad element while waiting for a new one. Stupid

Top Bottom