Which thermoforming machine to choose in 2019?

S

StephenD

Reaction score
I am thinking of Ministar S, Biostar or Drufosmart, but I am interested in your opinion, which one of this is better and which forming machine you use?
Thanks for your replies

ND2020

ND2020

Reaction score
I am thinking of Ministar S, Biostar or Drufosmart, but I am interested in your opinion, which one of this is better and which forming machine you use?
Thanks for your replies

How much are you planning on using it? Ministar is more of a chairside/in office solution. Whereas the Biostar is more geared for labs. We use Biostars for aligners and some night guards. Being able to drop mounted casts into the machine is quite useful as it has a larger bowl. Have you considered the Erkodent?

Can’t comment on the Drufosmart as I have never used one.

S

StephenD

Reaction score
How much are you planning on using it? Ministar is more of a chairside/in office solution. Whereas the Biostar is more geared for labs. We use Biostars for aligners and some night guards. Being able to drop mounted casts into the machine is quite useful as it has a larger bowl. Have you considered the Erkodent?

Can’t comment on the Drufosmart as I have never used one.
I am planning to use it very often. And I considered using Erkodent Erkopress, but I saw a lot of good responses about Biostar and Drufomat so I got an impression that these two machines are better than Erkodent. It would be great to get your opinion about which machine is the best and why as I still have not decided which one to choose.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I am planning to use it very often. And I considered using Erkodent Erkopress, but I saw a lot of good responses about Biostar and Drufomat so I got an impression that these two machines are better than Erkodent. It would be great to get your opinion about which machine is the best and why as I still have not decided which one to choose.
I've used Biostar and Erkodent Erkoform. I prefer the erkodent, it is fully automatic once you have all the foils loaded, just push a button. It also has much better vacuum than the biostar....imho

S

StephenD

Reaction score
I've used Biostar and Erkodent Erkoform. I prefer the erkodent, it is fully automatic once you have all the foils loaded, just push a button. It also has much better vacuum than the biostar....imho
I also considered Erkoform but I read that vacuum forming machines are not as good as pressure forming machine as aligners made on them does not have so high level of details.

renato

renato

Reaction score
I found this info from online manuals

DRUFOSMART Working Pressure: Max 2.5 bar/36psi
MINI STAR S Working Pressure: Max 4 bar/60psi
BIOSTAR Working Pressure: Max 6 bar/87psi

I assume, more pressure would get better results.