Which Separator is best for 3D models

M

MPenn

Reaction score
Hello all, yes I must concur; Siliform BEA is the best model release product on the market for 3D printed resin models. I fabricate removable appliances and have tried many types of separators. Needless to say, none have worked well. I also had resorted to stone duplicating, but this costs extra time and money. Many times I will need to do an acrylic reline… Siliform BEA has been the long awaited answer to direct acrylic building onto a 3D model. It is expensive; however a little goes a very long way. If you factor in the time spent duplicating, pouring dupes and using additional materials it becomes easy to see that it is well worth the price. Besides, it’s the only thing I have found that works really well…. Excellent product!

Don’t forget to get your block-out of undercuts correct, otherwise your device will mechanically lock onto your model even with separator.

V

VickTech

Reaction score
For our plaster/stone models we use Masel blue alginate from OSE.
Ive tried that as well as liquid foil (from great lakes) on the plastic models. Both of those didn't work for me and the acrylic and plastic model became one.

I actually tried petroleum jelly earlier today and it worked great! A bit messy though but if that's what I have to use. I'm looking forward to trying out the one I mentioned above though.
One of the best is Elmers Glue Clear with a Hint of Rubbing Alcohol Mix and apply and place under low heat tempertur Air

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
First off let me thank everyone who replied to my thread over the past… probably year about receiving itero files to my 3shape. The advice was great and I am now editing and sending out for printed models full time.
Out of you all who have worked with printed models, what have you found to be the best separator?
Silicone based is one thing I have come across. Do they need to sit overnight.
Through a basic internet search this one popped up:
JBC'S BEST EVER SEPARATOR - WORKS WITH 3D MODELS!
https://jbcandcompany.com/shopexd.asp?id=721

Any first had recommendations?
Thanks guys!
Can you let us know about the JBC separator? I'm interested and I order from them quite a bit.
Their own website says:
1618417819385.png

So be aware you're getting away with it, not using it for a promised result.

A

aleona4

Reaction score
One of the best is Elmers Glue Clear with a Hint of Rubbing Alcohol Mix and apply and place under low heat tempertur Air
Does this work well after exposed to water ? Do you have to reapply often and how long do you let it sit under low heat?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Putty folks...just duplicate in putty (takes two secs to mix up a two part putty and form it on your 3d printed models)...then pour up in stone. It's the fastest, economical, easiest way.