Which pindex system is best and fast?

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Have a relative coming soon from Canada, I would like to buy a set of pindex system .
Which system is your advise?
Artimax.
Or
Monotrac.
??

I

illumi

Reaction score
We used to use Artimax clear. They were decent as long as you cleaned the indentations well. We used to have to steam clean them everytime after cutting out the dies and the occasional time if they didn't go down nicely. We switched to amann-girbach giroform system. Much nicer presentation and feel but they are pricier. They really don't take that long to do once you have a bunch of the holders to work with and an aggressive burr on the lathe to trim the palate.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I use the Mainstay from WhipMix for single crowns mostly. Still pin (with pindex drill) for bridges and multiple.
WithMainstay, throw the directions in the garbage. After you trim your imp and line it up marking with a Sharpie your pin positions, spray with Wd40and blot off excess, stick your pins in the chosen holes. Then pour the opposing side first. That allows you to see that the pin knurl is not on the margin. Let stone start to set so when you put in place it doesn’t flop over. Learning curve is about three models.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
I use the Mainstay from WhipMix for single crowns mostly. Still pin (with pindex drill) for bridges and multiple.
WithMainstay, throw the directions in the garbage. After you trim your imp and line it up marking with a Sharpie your pin positions, spray with Wd40and blot off excess, stick your pins in the chosen holes. Then pour the opposing side first. That allows you to see that the pin knurl is not on the margin. Let stone start to set so when you put in place it doesn’t flop over. Learning curve is about three models.

I like that.
So you like the pin system better than the pinless system?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I like that.
So you like the pin system better than the pinless system?

I stain and glaze with the crown on the die. So I like to be able to hold a dowel pin. Never tried the other style that looks like a dinosaur back.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Have a relative coming soon from Canada, I would like to buy a set of pindex system .
Which system is your advise?
Artimax.
Or
Monotrac.
??
I Only use solid model and a separate die to scan and trimmed margin. Things fits better on a solid model. Try it, it is a whole lot faster than any other system and no equipment to buy.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Girrbach is most accurate cleanest, but monotrac is the best combination of speed and neatness, except when you have to make dramatic adjustments to the bite

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
I Only use solid model and a separate die to scan and trimmed margin. Things fits better on a solid model. Try it, it is a whole lot faster than any other system and no equipment to buy.

No scanning for me yet.