Which milling machine is the best for custom abutments ?

V

V.B

Reaction score
I'm looking for milling machine to make titanium custom abutments , bars ...
And I see a lot of different machines like a Datron D5 , Versamill 5X200 , Coritec 650i , Zubler DC5 , Nexxus DS 220 ... etc .
Which one should I choose ?
Which one makes the best quality ?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
110 k they sell the linear scales at the moment. ( Datron) you can beat them in position accuracy Alfredo ?? dont think so yours are only non load.

V

V.B

Reaction score
110 k they sell the linear scales at the moment. ( Datron) you can beat them in position accuracy Alfredo ?? dont think so yours are only non load.

Cadfan, Do you using some of these machines for titanium abutments ?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Cadfan, Do you using some of these machines for titanium abutments ?
I know you weren't talkin' to me, but:

Greetings Earthing! Welcome!

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Following and exploring the link Al posted previously should provide some good and useful information. Here is more...

I really haven't seen a custom abutment come off a machine nearly as nice in terms of surface finish, accuracy, margin quality and required post-machining hand-work as what we can do with the 5X200 with our enhancements, libraries and templates. But I might be a bit biased...

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I know you weren't talkin' to me, but:

Greetings Earthing! Welcome!

I personal work on indiv abutments most times with hybrids if i need them in titanium i work with 2 centers one with 3 Wilhelmin Macodel worked in the past with Simeda too they run Wilhemins too another one with 3 LMU 400 talked about the 200 with him , accuracy the same but less Z so on weired bars sometimes difficult but a lot cheaper made the process for Hafner too they have 3 Cybaman too but they are more for soft stuff like Gold . . NT as far i know run LMU 400 too

I would look on single stuff abutments more on accuracy on work peace bar versus multi stuff is different no rotation problem.

https://www.c-hafner.de/de/leistung...tall-dentaltechnologie/fraesen-in-edelmetall/

Last edited:
V

V.B

Reaction score
I personal work on indiv abutments most times with hybrids if i need them in titanium i work with 2 centers one with 3 Wilhelmin Macodel worked in the past with Simeda too they run Wilhemins too another one with 3 LMU 400 talked about the 200 with him , accuracy the same but less Z so on weired bars sometimes difficult but a lot cheaper made the process for Hafner too they have 3 Cybaman too but they are more for soft stuff like Gold . . NT as far i know run LMU 400 too

I would look on single stuff abutments more on accuracy on work peace bar versus multi stuff is different no rotation problem.

https://www.c-hafner.de/de/leistung...tall-dentaltechnologie/fraesen-in-edelmetall/
Are you located in Europe ?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
look at zirkonzahn i mill bars abutments in ti ,coro they are a turn key solution with good back up and training.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
look at zirkonzahn i mill bars abutments in ti ,coro they are a turn key solution with good back up and training.

But abutments as preforms (Ti, ) thats where acurracy is important bars with multi are not so complicated apart from position accuracy.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
zirkonzahn has abutments with premilled interface in just about every size and brand

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you were looking to make your own multi-unit from custom design i'd choose a Macodel 308B

but running it without very special training is another matter entirely.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
traditional implants, Willemin Macodel is overengineered and not your cheapest solution. for that cheapest and best solution look to traditional milling solutions, of which Axsys is definitely among the top contenders.

V

V.B

Reaction score
if you were looking to make your own multi-unit from custom design i'd choose a Macodel 308B

but running it without very special training is another matter entirely.
How much cost that machine?

V

V.B

Reaction score
traditional implants, Willemin Macodel is overengineered and not your cheapest solution. for that cheapest and best solution look to traditional milling solutions, of which Axsys is definitely among the top contenders.
I want to create my own milling center , working only with Laboratories , for beginning make for them Titanium abutments and bars .

Top Bottom