Which compressor to get...

user name

user name

Reaction score
which model/size? im intruiged!
I had them throw in a timed auto drain. All in, just under 6k.

This is the 'final' compressor. Over the years, Ive accumulated 5 compressors at the lab, 3 at home.Enough!!

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I had them throw in a timed auto drain. All in, just under 6k.

This is the 'final' compressor. Over the years, Ive accumulated 5 compressors at the lab, 3 at home.Enough!!
yeah i hear you. i downright killed one. have a second thats sprung a leak and is a bit small nowadays. and the one that im running, plus a backup (i got for warranty replacement). so i guess im up to 4, but expect at some point in the next couple years ill need to get my "last" compressor.

what made you get a tank mounted vs the standard GX2-150? honestly, thats what i was considering...adding a timed release is smart. making a mental note lol

user name

user name

Reaction score
yeah i hear you. i downright killed one. have a second thats sprung a leak and is a bit small nowadays. and the one that im running, plus a backup (i got for warranty replacement). so i guess im up to 4, but expect at some point in the next couple years ill need to get my "last" compressor.

what made you get a tank mounted vs the standard GX2-150? honestly, thats what i was considering...adding a timed release is smart. making a mental note lol
You still need a tank, and a separate receiver seems like a hassle.

user name

user name

Reaction score
The more astute among us might notice theres no auto drain installed yet, and may call into question whether its even running.
I only said its quiet.
:p

C

charles007

Reaction score
Bob, a friend of mine had the 7 hp version I think like yours and it was very quiet to me in his large milling room.
So yes its quiet. cricket

Edit,, its a workhorse and probably last you forever !

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
Im waiting on the electrician to stop by and install a couple outlets.
I didnt realize till I got to the lab, the cord for the dryer has fallen out of the bottom of the crate and the forklift guy severed it. Not serious, but *%#!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
It is finished. Ive no where to go. I added a membrane dyer, some filters and a charcoal oil vapor canister, so according to my tech from Atlas Copco, I have ISO Class 1 food grade air.

Awesome.
slurp

user name

user name

Reaction score
@sidesh0wb0b

Atlas Copco GX2 FF
La-Man SAM-050
Great Lakes Air refrigerated dryer
RTi MD-4
RTi MD-4
RTi FR500-G
Ney Compressed Air Filter/Dryer

The most recent addition is the La-Man SAM-050. Thats what took it from dry to Pure, clean, near -80 dew point.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
ohhhh i need a new compressor, but i can't afford a serious screw.
Will the next, but branded, oil-free piston compressor be okay, or will it be enough for a few years only ?
it will only drive the milling machine
Should I struggle with a micro screw compressor with 2 HP with a 90l tank?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
ohhhh i need a new compressor, but i can't afford a serious screw.
Will the next, but branded, oil-free piston compressor be okay, or will it be enough for a few years only ?
it will only drive the milling machine
Should I struggle with a micro screw compressor with 2 HP with a 90l tank?

We ran a Ingersoll Ran Stand up 60gal for many many many years. Then we upgraded to a Atlas CopCo GX4FF. If you are only running a mill you will be fine. On the IR we had I 10 air nizzles, 6 high speeed, 2 mills and a sand blaster and Suckdown machine. Ran like a champ. Make sure you have a mag-starter on it to take the load off the pressure switch and motor. I burnt though many switches and motors in a span of many years. almost twice a year in some.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Im excited. Just got an Atlas Copco screw drive on the way.
I pit Air Compressor Direct against Compressor World. Compressor World came in the lowest, but after pushing some they dropped the price quite a bit more.
Current pump is in the basement. Today its 40% humidity down there. Upstairs where the screw will be its just under 30%, so thatll help take a load off the dryers.
[/QUO
How many mills do you think this unit could run? I really want a screw drive for the sound reduction!! How loud /Quiet is the unit?? Thanks

A

Avillon007

Reaction score
Kaeser screw compressor. Have had mine for 12 years. Runs like a charm. WE have dryer on it from company. Lines squeeky clean and dry. Runs the whole lab including the mills. I paid about $12000 Cdn about 12 years ago. Worth every penny
Hi
Im looking into buying a compressor and thought i should buy two; one for mills and one for techs, what Kaeser compressor you recommend for 10 technicians lab, we have bego Nuatilus, pressure former, and two rolands 52 DCi.
Thank you

MrMolar

MrMolar

Reaction score
going back and reading this post mad me sad...

user name was such a smart dude. wished I'd have been able to pick his brain on some stuff. dude was like an encyclopedia...

probably the only person I know of who would have food grade air in his lab.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
going back and reading this post mad me sad...

user name was such a smart dude. wished I'd have been able to pick his brain on some stuff. dude was like an encyclopedia...

probably the only person I know of who would have food grade air in his lab.
He was one of a kind and we all miss him dearly.

Top Bottom