Which compressor to get...

MrMolar

MrMolar

Reaction score
He was one of a kind and we all miss him dearly.
he truly was. I never even interacted with the guy, but I feel like he's still here watching over all of us making sure we dont make any stupid mistakes and making sure we don't buy the wrong compressors.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Hi
Im looking into buying a compressor and thought i should buy two; one for mills and one for techs, what Kaeser compressor you recommend for 10 technicians lab, we have bego Nuatilus, pressure former, and two rolands 52 DCi.
Thank you
I would contact the supplier to give you size recommendation. You will not go wrong buying a Kaeser. Make sure it is a screw type.

N

Nenad

Reaction score
Oilless compressor produce very hot compress air.Here no one is happy with it.My recommendation is to use Kaiser tower mod 5c type compressor what include all.Filtration,dryer and oil separator.They are the best .

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I got a Quincy 80 gallon compressor...comes with auto drain and bought a separate Quincy refrigerated dryer/oil remover...cost was around 7000 but well worth it. Never any oil or water in our air lines ever!!! 10 yr/warranty.

A

Avillon007

Reaction score
I would contact the supplier to give you size recommendation. You will not go wrong buying a Kaeser. Make sure it is a screw type.
Thank you, i checked Kaeser compressors. Each mill will need 35 PSI. sorry tp bother but what HP and PSIG and CFM would work for the whole lab?
Kaeser comes in those ranges
  • 3 to 7.5 hp
  • Pressure: 125, 155, and 217 psig
  • Flow rate range: 9 to 28 cfm
i dont have a mechanical room so im hoping it wont be very loud!
Regards

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
PSI doesn't mean jack honestly. 135psi out is fine. It is all about the CFM the hight psi the lower CFM. So 135 to 150 is a good spot. Kaesers are great also check into Atlas copco also they just bought out Chicago Pneumatic. 7.5 HP is a good entry point.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
PSI doesn't mean jack honestly. 135psi out is fine. It is all about the CFM the hight psi the lower CFM. So 135 to 150 is a good spot. Kaesers are great also check into Atlas copco also they just bought out Chicago Pneumatic. 7.5 HP is a good entry point.
Agreed. All compressors are loud. Screw compressors less so , but still loud. Our 1 compressor does three floors and two mills. Could easily do many more. Dryer and filter a must if you are milling.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
We went with an Atlas Copco Scroll compressor, the best air possible, Class 0. Has been such a pleasure and a result of my last talk with Bob, thanks ❤️ 20210816_103217_HDR.jpg 20210816_102511_HDR.jpg

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We went with an Atlas Copco Scroll compressor, the best air possible, Class 0. Has been such a pleasure and a result of my last talk with Bob, thanks ❤️
Now drop one of these on the bottom drain side and run the line in a drain or out the wall if you can.

These are a most on any air compressor. Set the time and walk away. Drains the moisture build up out the air compressor making the dryer work less hard.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Would you buy this compressor to run a VHF K5+? 2010 model. I found it for sale in my area, asking $500. 1667490157681.png 1667490191494.png

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
maybe you have a reseller or compressed air company near by that could give it a once over? even if it costs a couple hundred

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
has anyone had any run-ins with MasterAire compressors? i think the company is based out of Ontario.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
This looks to need a 3 phase power supply. We are in a building with only single phase. Any word form someone that may have had to upgrade from single to three? Costs, what the job entails?Hmmmm2

N

Nenad

Reaction score
For dry compressor rely previous member is right.I think over 6000 hour is not worth to buy.Check with manufacturer

Top Bottom