Which Composite system?

G

GarryB

Reaction score
I am looking at investing in a composite system...but which one? and is there enough call for it?

I had the GC Gradia in the lab for a weeks trial and have to say liked it. It was easy to use with fairly good results almost from the word go.

I would love to hear about the other systems out there, good and bad.

From reading past posts, it seems that dentists are not keen on prescribing these types of units and wonder how people who are supplying these are finding it?

Thanks for any info.

S

sampson

Reaction score
gradia - great system - but hard to sell

stt672

stt672

Reaction score
"Is there enough call for it?" I think only you can answer that. If your doctors are not asking for it, that's a pretty good indication.

G

Gita

Reaction score
we use ivoclar adoro. only available for inlay onlay etc, we dont receive order for crown. not much order. we are stopping this item slowly maybe this year is the final year of composite..
better use zircon???

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Here in switzerland drs still prescribe a lot of composites.. I just bought the adoro system because i got a good price bu will probably end up using it for temporaries mostly..
I think its a matter of abrasion that drs still use composites and turn their heads at emax.. That and the fact that switzerland is about 10-15 years behind the US in terms of some technology..

I wanted the gradia sytem to go with the rest of my initial porcelains but i dont think its worth the investment unless you have docs that really want it.. Or just buy the gum shades..

G

GarryB

Reaction score
It looks as though Gradia seems top of most peoples list for which composite, but as said, it all depends on how many can be sold. I loved using the system for the week we had it in the lab, and made some great trial units but if dentists don't prescribe them I will look to spend on something else.

Thank you for your replies guys.

H

Harmony

Reaction score
I have been using adoro for over 10 years now. It is a very good system, user friendly, predictable results, but does unfortunately not last in the mouth. Mostly i think due to incorrect preparations by the dentist. I think to be safe you should invest in something like the diamond composite system or go old school and go for belle glass

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
We have been using GC gradia for 5-6 years now and we are really happy with it . We are using it mainly for inlays-onlays . It works fine for us . Go for it .